From blue to yellow part 1

A/N: this request is by Dragonposeidon who want after mirabel failed ceremony the blue family don't care about Mirabel because Alma forces them to and Mirabel ends up becoming adopted by Pepa.

Personally I love Julieta, so I'm not that harsh on her in this fic (compared to other stories of this same plot)

I think the reason lots of people like the yellow/warm family is because 1 we don't see their side of the story/their faults and 2 I think most people have the warm family be more open and communicating.

Trigger warning: bad parent Alma and bad grandmother Alma, child neglect, gaslighting, non-consenting drug use, verbal/emotional abuse
————————————————————

To say that Julieta Madrigal was piss off at her Mama was an understatement. If she is had Pepa's weather, the whole house, hell the whole Encanto would be gone in a blink of an eyes.

"Mama, explain to me again what the hell do you mean?" Julieta ask, slow, try to keep her calm, which she was quickly failing at. Ma-no, Alma pinch the bridge of her nose, as if this was painful for her.

"I made Bruno have a vision, he didn't want to, he try to break the vision, but I caught him. So I made him to have it again in front of me this time. Thankfully your idiot of a brother listen to me. What I found out was that Mir-her. She is going to break the casita, our Encanto!"

Julieta aggressively slam a pot back into the sink, it was the next day after the disaster of Mirabel's birthday. No she won't call yesterday "a gift ceremony" honestly did everyone in town forgot that it's Mirabel birthday, you know the day she was born and NOT a day were she gets a gift?

Sadly last night the party was canceled after Mirabel didn't get her door. Her baby girl started to cry once Alma said that, and Julieta was pissed. Not because she stayed up for the pass two days making food, no, it wasn't because her daughters didn't get a gift. Yes she sad that it happen but she's pissed off  because her own mother won't celebrate her youngest birthday, as if she forgot what a birthday party is for.

Once Alma went to bed, Julieta and her wonderful siblings and there husbands had there own party for Julieta's baby. Mirabel was over the moon with happiness for just a simple act of a party. Now Julieta was cleaning the dishes and Alma was harping on her, demanding her to get rid of her daughter.

"Julieta? Julieta are you listening to me"

"Hmm? Oh. Yes. Keep explaining."

Alma have her oldest daughter a sharp glare. "Because of Bruno's vision, and the fact that she doesn't have a gift, you have two options. 1 either get rid of Mirabel, selling her or abandoning her, doesn't matter. Or 2, she can stay here and be a Madrigal, but she won't be your daughter, she's be a servant."

Once Julieta heard that her world froze. Was that women, her mother, being serious?

"I'm not going to fucking sell my own daughter Alma."

Alma demeanor change, one moment she was calm but now she angry. "Julieta Madrigal don't you dare you that tone with me. I am your mother. You must obey and respect me."

"No. You lost my respect after last night. Either you let Mirabel keep being my daughter, which shouldn't even be a issue, or Agustin, the children, and I will leave the Casita, and Encanto and we'll disown the Madrigal name."

The two women got into a staring contest, both were stubborn and angry. Julieta stop doing the dishes and was hold a soapy knife, she was tempted to throw it. Alma on the other hand was clenching her necklace, as if she was in deep thought.