Huntress

A/N: This request was by @MariaAngela595 who wants a fic we're Mirabel get trained by a hunter and uses a bow and arrow and hunts animals and the family finds out.

The request didn't say if this was Mirabel gift or not, so I'm going with that she didn't get a gift and she pick this hobby up.

For this fic I'm going along the princess Mononoke route here...Fun fact, the term mononoke is not a name, but a Japanese word for supernatural, shape-shifting beings that possess people and cause suffering, disease, or death.

Trigger warning: animal death.

————————————————————

The first time Mirabel ever pick up a weapon was when she was 8. It was in the morning and she was in town, followed Luisa. Just last year a new baby was born. She wanted to make a present, a baby blanket. So here she was, asking Luisa to take her to get the supplies. The two girls were in front of the craft store.

"Ok Mirabel, you get the supplies then immediately go home, I have work to do...Why don't you show me what you made later?" her sister said.

Luisa was both reluctant to let Mirabel go back home by herself and disappointed. Since Luisa was 12, she had to work, unlike her baby sister who got to play and do whatever she wanted to do. Mirabel just smile and move her hand and gave her sister a mock salute. Then she turn around and head into the store.

After gathering all the supplies she needs (and a few extra items) Mirabel brought the things to the checkout, the cashier, a older man, name Jose, was a kind old man that Mirabel saw as a grandfather. Since the Madrigals are the town's founders, they know everything and everyone. Lot of older people treated the Madrigal grandkids as their own grandkids.

As Jose rang the items up. Mirabel look around as she waited, then she noticed and odd thing hanging above Jose's head, laying on a shelf.

"What that?" She asks.

"Whats what?" Jose reply, a bit confused.

"That. The thing on the shelf, above your head."

Jose turn around, looking at what Mirabel was pointing at. "Oh! That's my son's old crossbow. He had it since he was a teen, won some awards with that old thing. It here now in my shop because I like to show off my son's awards. See that trophy next to the bow? That the first place prize!" Jose explained, a smile on his face as he reminisces about the day.

"Wow! That's so cool! Can I try it?"

"Try the bow? Well, your a bit young, but! I'll let you hold it." Jose said, then he got up and grab the bow. He then went around the countertop and knee in front of Mirabel, gently hand her the weapon, hands hovering over hers.

"Don't worry, it isn't loaded. Heavy isn't it? If your interested in learning more my son can teach you, he teaches archery and hunting, though he mostly teaches boys. I can put in a good word for you." As Jose rambles Mirabel eyes the weapon, she never see something like this before, it's so cool!

"Yes! I'll love to try it!"

————————————————————

"No."

A man, Jose's eldest son, and the owner of the crossbow, a man name Alonso said. His arms were cross and he had a irritated frown on his face. He look slightly down at Mirabel.

Mirabel after going to the craft store, she immediately went to see Alonso, who was near the blacksmith, in a open field, train a few boys. The man stop once she saw Mirabel and jog toward her. Once Mirabel ask if he could train her, that what he said.