Blue to yellow part 2

Pepa once heard a quote saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

That quote is what she was currently feeling. For the past month she notice that the family was acting odd. More specifically, it was Julieta's side of the family that was acting odd. First Julieta couldn't remember Bruno. Not his voice, his face, or even memories of him. Pepa at first though it was a way for her sister to deal with the grief of their missing brother...

Then she saw that when Julieta made food or set the dinning room up, there wasn't a plate for Mirabel. Agustin was acting weird. He couldn't seem to remember Mirabel either, or when he have moments were he remember her, he treated the young girl as a maid rather his daughter. It also happen with the Mirabel's sisters.

Pepa found out what was happen one day when she was in the hallway gather up the laundry. Mirabel and Isabela were standing near the stairs, quickly walking over to the two her overheard their conversation.

"Here." Isabela said, shoving a basket full of clothes toward her sister. The 5 years old try to grasp the basket but it was too heavy and in tumblr out of her hands.

"Agh, what kind of maid are you? Your too small to do chores. Why did Abuela want you to be a maid? We don't need one. Maybe you should ask Abuela to take you to school?" Isabela complaints. Then she noticed Pepa.

"Tia! Hi!"

Pepa gave a smile and then walk over and grab the fallen basket and put in on her hip. "What did I hear? Something about Mirabel and a maid?"

Isabela look at her, confused. Mirabel look upset. "Tia....Don't you remember? Abuela took in Mirabel. She's an orphan and we adopt her, she supposed to be the maid. Buuuut, she to small...."

Alma did what?!

Giving Isabela a tight smile; "Isa, I'll take Mirabel and teach her how to be a maid, ok? No worries."

Isabela nod and left. Pepa then turn around and she shift the laundry toward one side of her, balancing both baskets on one side. Use her free hand she grab Mirabel hand and drag her toward the laundry room. After Pepa loaded the laundry she pick Mirabel up and put her on her hip. Pepa then speedwalk toward her room. She needs to talk to Felix. Now.

Bursting into the room, Pepa could feel a storm cloud forming. Getting darling and heavier. So this is what Alma is doing? Well, that's not going to fly with her. Last month when Dolores heard the argument between Alma and Julieta, as well as spying on Isa making a hypnotic drink for Alma, Pepa seem to figure out what happen.

Apparently her mother hypnotized half of her family to believe Mirabel is a orphan and a maid. All because the little girl doesn't have a gift. She's an idiot for not figuring this out sooner, after all Dolores literally heard Isa calling the concoction a hypnotic drink. Ahhhh!!

Well, no matter. Mirabel will be hers for the time being, she's take care of Mirabel and try to break the spell. Pepa but her lip in thought. She definitely knows that Felix or the kids won't mind Mirabel being raised with them, she just worried how Mirabel will feel and how the rest of the family will feel after the spell is broken. As long as the hypnotic blue family isn't abusing Mirabel, she sure Julieta won't mind if she took Mirabel for a bit.

————————————————————

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Mirabel, happy birthday to you!!" The yellow family sang. Today is Mirabel 7 birthday, and the family was excited. The little family was crowded in Mirabel's room. Yes, her own room. On the day Pepa decided to take in Mirabel she throw a fuss and a wicked bad storm. Also demand the casita to give her daugh- her niece, her own room. Thankfully the magical house did.