Chapter 72.

Chapter 72.

"Ate Mat--" 

"I don't know."

Ate Mat quickly answered Tam before he could even utter his question.

"Currently, the officials will take care of this matter where thus classes tomorrow will be likely suspended."

"That's a given." Tam said while buckling his seatbelt. "Did you hear any more details about this incident, ate?"

Ate Mat gripped her hands on the steering wheel and spoke.

"I don't know, but it must have been the abundant kerosene set ablaze that cause the massive fire and the loud explosion earlier."

"But, it's on the roof right? The fire started at the roof of the gymnasium. Isn't that quite bizarre? If someone was to spill kerosene in there and set it on fire, that will took super long time to accomplish."

Hazel said while gnawing her fingers in anxiousness, Tam frowned at her.

"I don't know, we don't know. That's why we are leaving that to the officials. By the way, how come you guys are still in school this time of the night? I know you guys never participate in extra curricular activities, what are you still doing there?"

"Well, that's."

Tam, Hazel and I look away from ate Mat's prying eyes and shut our mouth.

We can't tell ate Mat about me and Asher meeting in the back of the gymnasium.

'She will just get worried.'

And what matters the most is that no one was hurt with the incident earlier.

'I suddenly felt lucky that I left before the explosion and the fire broke out.'

If I stayed there a little longer, I would have been trapped there since the back part of the gymnasium is the dead end, with a fence surrounding it for security purposes.

"Don't worry, if you are worrying about the school," ate Mat said. "If the incident did not cause any severe damages to the surrounding facility of the gymnasium, the classes will be likely continued the day after. Since it is only the gymnasium, the gymnasium would be likely close down until everything was confirmed to be okay. As long as no parents raise their concern and demand the school to be suspended for a week or so to make sure their children are safe, classes will likely continue the day after tomorrow."

"We understand, ate Mat."

"Then how about sir Pat? Tam said you were with him, ate, I haven't seen him since the dismissal."

I asked, ate Mat flinched on her seat before responding back with a slightly different tone.

"H-He must be helping the officers about something, I don't know. We parted ways after the explosion. But rest assured since Pathenius is capable of himself. He should be fine."

We just nodded our heads to ate Mat until we reach our homes.

"Why all of a sudden?"

Tita Selina asked in confusion while gazing at Hazel in bewilderment.

"Well, mommy kasi…"

Nandito kami sa study room nina Hazel kung saan nandoon nagtatrabaho sina Tito Hans at Tita Selina, magulang ni Hazel.

Binalita namin sa kanila ang nangyari sa school, kung saan nabalitaan din namin na tinawagan na sila ng principal at inireport ang pangyayari. Pagkatapos noon, ay saka humiling ng request si Hazel.