Chapter 47.

Chapter 47.

The rustling of the leaves filled my ears as I walk deep into the small forest of the sanctuary.

The forest was small, and was surrounded by a huge garden. But despite it being small, the forest still felt like huge and deep. Maybe because even after walking straight into it, I still couldn't see the end.

After a while, I let out a sigh and sat under the shade of a nearby tree. I sat on the bushed of fallen leaves and uses it as a cushion before leaning my head on the trunk of the tree.

I let the earthy smell of winds to blew my hair as I closes my eyes.

'… Can you still hear him? The voice in your head, can you still hear his voice?'

I remembered Hazel's question to me before she walked away, leaving me behind. 

The truth is, the reason why I am feeling doubtful and uncertain these past few days is because I couldn't hear Asher's voice in my head.

It's been three days since, and he hasn't spoken a word to me.

I know that it might be because the connection we had is slowly fading, that's why I tried calling his name. I tried calling his name, wishing for my voice to reach him in another world, but to my futile, it's useless.

"Asher…"

No matter how many times I called his name, he never responded.

This is the first time I felt the difference of our worlds.

If he, if he was just here, around me, I could have just call him or go to his house and see him. But not. I can't. He was in another world. And there is no other means I could use to reach him.

Even if I tried to, I will never be able to contact him in any means other than hoping that he will respond back to my calling through his voice in my head. I can only call his name in desperate and hope that he will respond to me soon.

'If I wish upon a star, or beg a god for attention, will I be able to be given a chance to meet him?'

Just once, I desperately want to meet him, just once.

'Is this how it felt like to have a hopeless dream? '

I let out a dry chuckle and caresses my chest after feeling a dreadful feeling pricking me there.

A heavy, sticky, and intangible emotion. It hurts, my chest.

I wanted to see him, I wanted to see my Asher. But I can't, I won't.

My eyes shut closed as my lips tremble to open. With all the worries, feelings and emotions, the overthinking and doubts, I could only arrive in one thought.

"I miss you," 

'I miss you, I truly miss you, the voice in my head.'

• I hear you.

My eyes suddenly turn wide open in shocked as my shoulder open up.

"Asher!" 

I called as my mouth started moving to smile.

• Chuckle*

The voice I longed for the past few days let out a small hearty laugh towards me before speaking.

• I'm sorry, did you waited?

"I did! I was waiting for your voice to appear! What happened? Why was I only hearing your voice now? Did my voice also disappears from yours?" I ask in concern, the voice in my head let out a sigh.