Chapter 60.

Chapter 60.

"Hey,"

Mahinang tawag sa akin ni Hazel, napalingon naman ako sa kaniya saka napatigil sa pagdedesign ng icing sa cupcakes na binake namin.

I tilted my head to her direction and put down the pastry bag filled with brown icing. It is a caramel flavoured icing. I look at her, confused to her sudden calling of me.

"Why? What are you looking at your phone?" I asked her after seeing how worried her eyes were while staring at her phone, I walk over to her side to see that she was staring on the time on the screen of her phone. It is already 5:55 in the afternoon.

'What an odd combination of numbers.'

I said to myself and looks up to see Hazel's face contorted in worry.

"Tam is still not here." She said and immediately dialed Tam's number, only to be answered by no one.

I paused.

"He said he was just on that flower shop, right? That was like, a few streets from this subdivision. "

"Yeah, but, usually he will only took 20 minutes of walks from the entrance of the subdivision to our house, and another 20 minutes from the flower shop to the gate of the subdivision. He will took 40 minutes in total to arrive here, and it's already almost an hour. Why is taking him so long to arrive here?"

I frowned my head and looks at Hazel in confusion.

"That's a very,"

'Accurate calculation of how long Tam will take before he could arrive here.'

How weird.

Hazel is not normally the type of person that would worry even if you are late an hour or a minute at your planned time. She will just shrugged it off as if she didn't care or she will rebuked you with endless complains and that's all.

'So why now…?'

"May atraso ba sa'yo si Tam? Bakit mo naman binibilang ang oras ng pagdating niya dito?" Takang tanong ko, napairap naman si Hazel.

"Gut feeling! I felt like Tam stumbled upon something ominous that's why he was taking long time to arrive here."

"Don't you think he's just busy? Or occupied in something? Maybe he bought something for us on his way. Or maybe he decided to go home first before coming back here. You never know, but I'm sure he will text you or me if something happens and he cannot go here as planned. Just wait and be patient."

I said and shrugged my shoulders to her. I then turn around to get back on what I was doing, it was then, an idea popped out to my head. I immediately turn back around to face Hazel and spoke.

"But if you're really worried about him, why not contact ate Mat? I'm pretty sure she will know where Tam is since he never left without telling his whereabouts to her."

Since Tam's parents are always away from home, ate Mat had become his guardian since even his older brother, that was a year older from ate Mat, was also busy.

"You're brilliant." She said to me and nodded her head, she then proceeded on dialing ate Mat's contact number.

I stood beside her and watched her take the call.

"Hello ate Mat," bati niya sabay lagay sa speaker ng call.

--Yes, hello Hazel.

Bati rin sa kaniya ni ate Mat mula sa kabilang linya.

"Itatanong ko lang ate, alam niyo po ba kung nasan si Tam?" Tanong ni Hazel.

A defining silence was observed from the other line of the call as Ate Mat took a couple of seconds before responding back.