Chapter 42.

Chapter 42.

He said without bathing an eye to us and kept staring on to something. Curious as to what is taking his interest, I also look at the direction where he was looking. It was a building, I saw a building at the end of his sight. A small building just beneath the huge back wall of the mall.

The building was relatively small compare to the mall on it's back, but it is still a building. A two storey building.

"What's up with that building?" I asked to him, but he didn't answered me right away.

"I felt like that building is familiar for some reason," he said while caressing his chin. I frowned while Hazel also frowned and spoke.

"Maybe because you have been in there before?"

"What do you mean?"

Tam asked to Hazel, Hazel shrugged her shoulders.

"Remember last time? When we went to celebrate Valentine's Day on our house? Didn't you bought flowers for us?" She asked, making me frowned.

"Tam really did that? He bought us flowers? That sounds so unbelievable." I said in a shocked voice.

Tam made a face and look at me after I ridiculed him.

"I might be stingy sometimes but not all the time!"

"Coming from someone who only bought us flowers because we won't let him join us if he did not!" Hazel said to him and Tam shut up.

"You know that I do rather bought you a pound of steak than a bouquet of flowers. I just don't understand how flowers become a symbol of love when it literally withers just a few hours after buying it."

I rolled my eyes to him as Hazel spoke. "You don't have to understand, anyway. But what is making you curious about that building? That is just a flower shop closed because it is already late."

"Diyan mo binili yung bulaklak na binigay mo sa amin na may kasamang sama ng loob?"

Tam frowned at me and spoke. "I'm not really sure, I just felt weird while looking at that building. I don't even remember that I bought you guys flowers. Like, I am an affectionate person but I do rather treat you in a flower field where you could pluck whatever flower you want instead of buying you a bouquet of flowers."

I furrowed my brows to him and looks at him in confusion.

"Didn't you say that already? Why do you keep on going on about not wanting to give us flower? We're not telling you to give us some, nor either we care. I'm asking is that what's up on the building that you kept staring on it?"

Tam looks at me weirdly as if I was the one who kept talking about flowers. What's up with flowers anyway? The last time I stared at a flower, it has a butterfly flying around it and I was scolded by sir Pat.

'I can't really say that that was the scolding of the century for me, but that still remains as one of my most embarrassing moment in school.'

What was I thinking back then?

Ah,

'I said I wanted to fly high like a butterfly.'

My face cringe as immeasurable embarrassment filled my body, so much to the point that I almost collapse on cringiness.

"You know, let's just go home. We still have to go to the facility tomorrow early before morning to be ready for the general clean up of the facility. I just wish we won't be tasked to clean up the basement since I heard some creepy rumors about what is in the basement."

Hazel said and shivered while caressing her arms. She started walking, leaving me and Tam behind.

I look at Tam beside me, but he was still staring at the building with a hard frowned on his face. I let out a sigh and ignore him and followed Hazel from behind.