Gym Class

His eyes, brown and dark as they were, were the only visible source of "light" that was casting rays around the room. Well, not exactly but it sounded really cool. His fists were clenched together until his knuckles were white. My breathing got heavy as he walked tentatively towards me, my too, fists were clenched; my chest rising unevenly. Nerissa slept peacefully and then there was me, desperately wanting this conversation quickly, harmfully and quietly over. His smile made my chest then tighten. "Well hello there. Princess." Every single note that was secretly sent to me, the anonymous always called me princess. But I don't understand. Why did Jake call me princess? That same question I asked him. "Haha well, we are not friends at all. At all. That little rat had a gooey crush on you ever since. I decided to made him mad, and make you mad." Jake. The way he spoke to me was just obvious worry, "just watch your back." Was he jealous? The words that kept tumbling out of his mouth, in a whisper was unbearable. He wanted Jake and I to both feel miserable. He told me the whole story on how this was plotted. We were in hushed voices. "Second grade rolled around..." He started which started to bore me right at that moment because then he'd be starting way from the beginning. "Jake kept looking at you, always staring at you but you'd be busy either reading the Bible or the Canadian Dictionary."
"One time, he declared his love toward you to me, then my mind started racing. Melissa and I would team up trying to get you mad and then we set Jake up, me trying to be his friend. I thought that if Jake would be part of us, you'd hate him, and look, you do." Tears rose up quickly but I stayed put with my legs parted my both arms crossed over my chest trying to slow and calm down my breathing. It didn't help when I looked over to his cheek, with a bit of paint, red paint. He probably just wanted to show that we was "anonymous". Jake actually liked me and he was set up to hate me. It never occurred to me that all this time, he's been wanting my attention. For 10 years. "I don't hate Jake, stop. You, I can't believe you. Okay, you had a baby with Melissa and she got laid by you. Why did you show me your brother if you really just set me up?" His eyebrows arched with surprise his gaze elsewhere. He murmured so quietly I had to lean in to catch the words that came, "I thought that you weren't half as bad as I was told. You were very stubborn and nice but, I reminded myself that I was your anonymous and tried to act like I didn't give a shit about you. Now I have unraveled myself, surprise." He smiled and that made my anger boil unstoppably. I jumped at him trying to get him in pain as much as possible. He fell back gripping me tightly around my waist and took the business outside. At least he had the mercy on not to wake Neri. As he shut the door, he slammed me into the wall, me squirming from his grip but he was too strong. "I will never love you. You selfish bastard." I spit out the words kneeing him in the groin which made him groan as he fell to his knees then on the ground. I circle around him feeling triumphant. "Get out of my house." The feeling that he withdrew my bra and panties from the drawer of my dresser, oh my god it's so awkward. Then I still remember the attic door which I have to check on later after he leaves which he decided to do. After painfully hopping down the steps, he turned around a few inches away from my tear stained face. "I never loved you. All those things I said, all lies." He looked down at me, smirked, then exited my house gracefully happy that he's done with me. I sink down, my head buried into my knees and cry till there are no more tears to shed. Jake liked me I didn't even know before, and Melissa didn't want to be my friend. I guess that was part of her script. Pete now left me alone totally crushed under his hand just wondering why I decided to date him and give him my love in the first place. He was my anonymous and that scared me that he was the one who painted my wall. Pete that sweet innocent face with those beautiful brown chocolate chips, gone. He was mine but not anymore. All along he was Melissa's; and Noah's. That adorable little child with brown hair and grey eyes. His parents are a bunch of assholes, actually more than that. Caley doesn't even know about this and she's at Melissa's right now. I stand up weakly wiping my face hard which I was certain will leave a mark, I head upstairs carrying my depression with me. Her room was as I left it to be. The bed was unmade and the attic was open. The stairs dropped digging into the carpet, still some of the stains of her makeup was smudged and dry now. Pulling up my sweats, I climb the steps one by one frightened on what possibly could be up there hidden. As I stood dumbfounded everything around me turned blurry as I read the note. "Casey, you are the love of my life ever since grade two. Pete tried to frame me, he tried to make you hate me and looks like he succeeded. I wanted to grab your attention in some sort of flirty way but of course Pete was getting the idea and punched me in the nose. Ouch. I wanted to protect you but if I did, he would've killed my sister. I can't tell you who because it's a secret. I'll love you and I always will." The note made me drop to my knees as I grasped the paper with eyeliner scrawled across it substituting for a pen. When I looked down, I tried to imagine Pete's name fooling me but I knew who it was actually from. Jake.