Chapter 8

I walk back and forth pacing in my room. Scared as hell, Melissa apparently texted me a few minutes ago telling me that she'll be here in 2 hours. I was feeling nervous my hands trembling wondering what words I should and what to keep to myself. Walking around my room, I fix my pillows again bringing the fluff, fixing the comforter even if it's straight and even with no crease. Instead I read for a couple hours until my phone buzzed with a little text.
I'm here and I'm pretty skilled holding a baby and texting.
She's here. Bouncing down the steps, I fix my hair creating a little mess pretending that I've not been waiting for her arrival. She stands there smiling goofily carrying the car seat as I greet her inside, "Hey glad you can come." It that how you're suppose to greet a person who's been torturing you the all ten years? She walks in totally waisted clutching her stomach with one hand as she leans down unbuckling the baby's seatbelt me tempting to pinch those adorable chubby cheeks. "Hey can you hold Noah for a sec? I have to go pee." I point to the left telling her where the restroom is while I talk like an idiot to the innocent baby. His eyes are so blue, looking straight at me with his little hands perched under his neck with little brown fuzz evenly distributed around his head. It took a few moments to realize that I was holding Noah and hell I was scared of dropping him to his death. Sitting on the couch carefully not wanting him to cry, that would be so embarrassing, I stroke his cheeks until I hear the sound of the knob. Melissa trots out wiping some water on her leggings before sitting relaxing her head against the cushion. As I look closely, her eyes looked exhausted with visible bags drooping down and her face all natural with no makeup. "Is there something on my face?" I look away since I realized I was staring. I mutter a no shaking my head with embarrassment but she smiled all the same. Grabbing Noah, she leans back cradling it like a mother who had more experience whatever that meant. "Where's Caley?" I question her while she was feeding the baby milk from the bottle with dancing elephants. Cute. "Lazy as always." Her hand gestures showed that she was back home asleep which made me very nervous. "So what's to talk about?" Trying to make small talk but she was a very easy person to be with. Running my sweaty palms down my bare legs, for wearing shorts, she places Noah back into his car seat me sighing in defeat because I wanted to hold him. "Casey I know you're still mad about the thing at the hospital." She gets right to the point. "It's just I have very short temper and you always ignoring me, I wanted to be your friend for years now, but I felt a negativity magnetic field whenever I was with you as I shouldn't be beside you." She explains with the whole story again while I nodded looking down depressed that I was a jackass. "I'm not being the crappy friend you always knew but I just want us to be in co-existence." Where the hell did she learn all of those words when she never or rarely even showed up in school? "I work at the library actually." Her face flushed with discouragement afraid of what my reaction will be. "Parents dead and grandparents not giving a fuck of what I do, I have to pay for almost everything. You must wonder why I'm working in a library but that's because I'm secretly a bookworm. We've been well you know BFF's Pete and I" Nodding in agreement I tried so hard to pull myself together but failed. I tackle her in a hug squeezing like I'm trying to kill her. Her reaction was just a slight gasp but eventually she wraps her arms around me while I said sorry a billion times in a minute. After the hug and other dramatizing things girls do, we talked and talked about random crap filling the air with humour. We seemed to get to know each other so well I knew what food she hates, fears, insecurities, weird hobbies, and personal family issues. Finally a thought hit me like a rock. "Mel, can I ask you something?" The thought has been tugging me for a while and yes I did use a nickname since I felt more comfortable with her each minute. "Yeah what?" Waiting for an explanation, I pull at the hem of my shirt until a string pulls out the size of my index finger. I let it go for now. "I was showering, but somebody put my undergarments out on the sink but Caley and mom aren't home." It creeped me out the second I heard Caley was at Mel's house. Who would've put it there? She scratched her head thinking of a way not to scare me while I think of dumb scenarios of who it might be. "I don't know." Was all she said looking at me sympathetically, holding out for my hand and gave it a supportive squeeze. Chills ran down my spine giving me goosebumps. Every piece of hair stuck up at the feeling like it might be somebody I don't even know. Melissa stands walking upstairs investigating asking me questions like an actual detective. Caley's room was suddenly very chilly when I figured the window was wide open. What the fuck! Gasping shockingly, I shut it close kneeling down in a ball scared as fuck. My body shakes uncontrollably not because of the lack of heat but the thought of someone in my house. I've been going through this thing for the past 4 years trying high school for the first time was when this started. The person keeps coming back and I don't think it's going to end any sooner.

Dun dun dun!!!! Cliffhanger! Sorry but this story isn't pre planned so thoughts just roam through my mind. Can we take a moment to appreciate that I'm almost at 2k! Shit, all of you guys are making me emotional. I love you to the moon and back because you're taking the time out of your day reading this. What do you think Casey is thinking about? Did she have previous scenarios like this before? I'll update maybe tomorrow as soon because spring break will be coming and yeah I won't update probably because I'm in Thailand. Well, love you and cyber hug!
Fatima <4