Chapter 1

*Crystals Point of View*

I called the number I've had on speed dial for the past eight years, and on the second ring, my best friend Cher answered the phone.

"Hey Crys! Vas happenin babes?"

As much as I tried to contain my tears, I let out a shrieking sob.

"Are you crying?! What's happening! Ill be right over in 10"

And with that, she hung up. I dropped the phone on the floor and hugged my legs tight against my chest, feeling my heart beating fast.

Uneven sobs escaped my lips as I tried to control myself. I sat like this for five minutes until I heard keys jingling from outside my door.

Several profanities left Cher's mouth as she frantically tried to find her keys.

Unable to move, I remained sitting against the wall rocking back and fourth.

The door finally burst open and I saw Cher with her eyes wide staring at me.

***

*Cher's Point of View*

"Crap!"

I looked through my purse and I couldn't find the keys. Crystal had given me a key to her apartment the day she moved in. I finally found them and quickly unlocked the door.

I looked around and saw Crys sitting on the floor crying her heart out. When she heard me walk in she looked up at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, mascara dripping down her face. Her breathing was uneven, it hurt me to look at her.

I was in pure utter shock, and to my surprise she jumped up and hugged the living daylights out of me. She cried into my shoulder and I brushed her hair trying to calm her.

After a couple minutes she got herself together and we sat down on the couch.

"Crystal what happened?"

I tried to speak gently because she was at a fragile state and if I pressured her into telling me I knew she'd break down again.

Sniffling, she said "A-Adam was in here... He- he was..."

She stumbled on her words and I knew whatever she was going to say must've been terrible.

"He was what babe?"

She looked down and whispered,

"He was having sex with some girl in the kitchen..."

My eyes flew open. "Are you shitting me?!"

She shook her head violently and jolted her head up. She quickly wiped her tears and looked me in the eye.

"I'm not crying over him anymore. He is a douche I need to forget about him"

She was desperately trying to be strong and it was breaking my heart,

"That's fine" I said smiling "how do you wanna get your mind off of him?"

Usually she would've said clubbing, but I didn't think she was in a state good enough to do that yet and I knew what her response would be.

"Shopping?"

"Definitely."