Hermione

Y/N's POV

"Y/N! Y/N! It was Hagrid, Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago!" Harry said shaking me awake. 

"Harry, what time is it?" I mumbled. 

"It doesn't matter, the diary told me!" 

I shot up, "the diary...told you?"

"Well it showed me, it was a memory and Riddle caught Hagrid but the monster escaped!"

"Wha' about Hagrid?" Ron mumbled as he stood up from his bed. 

After we got dressed we walked down to the common room and were greeted by Hermione, Harry explained everything the diary showed him in the memory. 

"What if Riddle got the wrong person?" Hermione asked, "we all know Hagrid would never intentionally hurt someone, what if a different kind of monster that was attacking people?" 

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," I said sadly, "and the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award." 

Ron sighed, it looked like tears started forming in his eyes. 

"Riddle sounds like Percy, who asked him to turn Hagrid in anyway?" He said raggedly. 

"The monster had killed someone, Ron," Hermione said. 

"And Riddle was going to go back to some Muffle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts," Harry said, "I don't blame him for wanting to stay here."

"You met Hagrid down Knockturn alley, didn't you Harry?" I asked.

"He was buying a flesh-eating slug repellant," Harry said quickly and sharply. 

"Do you think we should go and ask Hagrid about it all?" Hermione asked. 

"That'd be a cheerful visit," Ron said , "hello, Hagrid, tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" He said imitating Hermione, it was a terrible impression. 

I quickly dismissed the idea of talking to Hagrid. It seemed like a terrible idea to remind him of the point in his life when he got expelled from Hogwarts, it was a weekend so we had no classes, Hermione and I went to the library while Harry and Ron went to the quidditch field to practice for our upcoming game. Eventually, I fell asleep on the stack of Lockhart books that were on the table and Hermione woke me up we walked back to the common room. 

As we went through the portrait hole a crowd had gathered at the base of the stairs leading to the boys' dormitories. "What's going on?" I asked. 

"Y/N, our dormitory's been raided! It's a complete mess!" Neville said running up to me. 

"Y/N! Hermione!" Harry said running up to us, we followed him to the couches and when we sat down he whispered, "the diary's gone."

"It could've only been a Gryffindor, no one else knows the password." Hermione said. 

We were sitting at breakfast the next day preparing for the Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff match when I heard the voice again. 

"Kill this time...let me rip...tear..." 

"The voice!" Harry said, his eyes wide, "I just heard it, did you Y/N?" 

I nodded, then Hermione gasped. 

"I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!" She sprinted away from the table. 

"What does she understand?" I said, looking around, trying to figure out where the voice had came from.