The tale of the flying car

Y/N's POV

After arriving at the castle Hermione and I sat with Lavender, Seamus, and the twins who were smiling madly. 

"Did you see what we saw on the way here?" They said as they grinned together. 

"The cows? Or the muggles who were bird-watching?" Hermione interrupted, we knew what they were talking about Harry and Ron and the flying car. 

"The sky-blue Ford Anglia, Miss Granger," Fred mocked, "driven by none other than our little brother Ronald! And the boy-who-lived!" He continued gathering the attention of most of the students around us. 

"Fred shut up! The sorting's about to start." I said noticing Snape glare at us, I hoped he hadn't Fred's proclamation. 

"Oh alright fine," he said dejected as he sat down. 

"I'm surprised we didn't think of it first." George said. 

Ginny had been sorted into Gryffindor, everyone at the table applauded and Hermione and I made our way to the common room accompanied by Fred and George. 

"We're just going to wait down here... to check on Harry and Ron when they get back, they might be shaken up." Fred said, not convincing Hermione and I at all. We sat down on the couch together, Hermione reading Voyages with Vampires while I opened Break with a Banshee. We sat on the couch mocking Lockhart's books together for a half hour before Harry and Ron came into the common room and the room went crazy with cheers and applause. 

"Brilliant!" Lee Jordan yelled. "Inspired! What an entrance! Flying a car right into the Whomping Willow, people will be talking about that one for years!"

"Good job," a fifth year said excitedly as he patted them on the back. 

As Fred and George ran over to them excitedly they said, "why couldn't we've come in the car, eh?"

As Harry and Ron began recollecting their story Percy had come out of his room looking quite upset, I think he was going to tell them off. Ron had noticed Percy though and said, "Got to get upstairs, bit tired." Ron had pushed his way through the crowd and hurried to the staircase that lead to the boys dormitories, he only stopped when Harry noticed Hermione and I on the couch. 

"Night!" They called before they rushed up the stairs. 

"Is it just me," I said turning to Hermione. "Or do those two never get into any trouble for what they do?" 

"Nope never." Hermione said annoyed, then she hugged me. It wasn't a great hug because we had to turn our hips but eventually I leaned back into the couch and she went with me, it was a little more comfortable, we stayed like that for a couple minutes. 

"Goodnight Y/N, see you tomorrow." Hermione said getting up, she was blushing fiercely. 

"Yeah night 'Mione." I said walking up the stairs.

As I opened the door to the dormitory Harry and Ron got up quickly, "so what's going on with you and Hermione Y/N?" Ron asked. 

"What? Nothing." I said blushing. 

"Yeah, that's believable." Harry said sarcastically. 

"Well, maybe I like Hermione, but so what? I doubt she likes me back like that." I said looking at the bracelet she had gotten me for my birthday, even though it was a week early. 

"Mate, I think you're wrong." Ron said, "but if that's what you think, I guess you need some convincing, and Harry and I can be very persuasive." They proceeded to name off everything Fred and George told, how Hermione and I had visited each other including all the hugging we'd been doing and falling asleep on each other. 

"Wait how do they know about that?" I asked defensively. 

"They have friends in Hufflepuff too you know." Ron smirked. 

I didn't know what to say so I just dismissed what the boys had said and climbed into bed. One thought kept coming back to me, what if she still liked me like that? Thinking of what she said when I was knocked out last year.

The next day Ron, Harry, and I walked down to breakfast together. After reading the letter I got from my parents Hermione told me her parents asked how I was doing, Harry and Ron raised their eyebrows and smirked at me. As they were looking at me Errol flew, or rather fell, down to our table at an alarming speed. He dropped a vivid red envelope in front of Ron before flying away. 

"Oh no..." Ron gasped. 

"It's all right, he's still alive," Hermione said looking at the owl flying back-and-forth erratically. 

"It's not that, it's that." 

Ron was pointing to the red envelope. 

"Haha! Ron's got himself a Howler!" Seamus said looking at Ron's letter. 

"You'd better open it, Ron," Neville said in a concerned whisper, "it'll be worse if you don't. My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and..." he gulped, "it was horrible."

Ron was trembling as he opened the letter...

"...STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN"T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE..."

Mrs. Weasley's voice had filled the Great Hall, heads from every table swiveled around as the Howler got louder and louder, Ron stooped so low in his seat that only his crimson hair was showing. 

"LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD HAVE BOTH DIED."

Harry started getting lower in his chair once his name was mentioned. 

"-ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU SO MUCH AS PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME." 

Once it was over there was some isolated laughter before the normal chatter resumed again. 

Hermione closed Voyages with Vampires, "Well, I don't know what you expected, Ron, but you-"

"Don't tell me I deserved it," Ron snapped, I glared at him. 

I started pitying Mr. Weasley, in the brief time I had gotten to meet him he seemed really nice and it wasn't even his fault with the car. 

I quickly forgot about Mr. Weasley as Professor McGonagall handed out everyone's schedule for the new year. As she got to Hermione and I she looked puzzled that we already had them, we shrugged and she attributed it to a mistake an owl must have made.