Broadway

Y/N's POV

Hermione and her family had been visiting for the last three days and it was the most fun three days of my life. I was introduced to Wendell and Monica (Hermione's parents) over dinner the first night they got there and they talked a lot. Specifically about their lives and how they grew up, Wendell growing up in Surrey in a small suburb before going to University where he met Monica. They described how their relationship started as nothing more than being in classes together to hanging out as much as they could, stargazing, and eventually buying a house together and welcoming a baby into the world together. 

When they detailed Hermione's acceptance to Hogwarts it was entertaining to be blunt. They had been sitting down eating breakfast before Wendell had to go to work when BAM a large grey owl smashed through the kitchen window. Monica had been yelling but Hermione had gone to inspect the owl, finding a letter addressed to her in its talons. Hermione's parents described the wizarding world with such awe and amazement that I was drawn right back into my first moments in Diagon alley, when I realized just how much I had been missing up until that moment. 

Our plans had been extensive, mom and dad had somehow managed to get Broadway tickets for everyone, that explains the intricate dress Hermione had packed along with her parents' dress clothes. On the day we went to New York I think we visited everything the city had to offer: The statue of liberty 'you know it's actually oxidized, that's why it's that green color!' Hermione said, Chinatown where Hermione and I saw a very plump Bowtruckle with its hands stuck in a finger trap, and eventually Broadway. When we walked briskly away from the ticket stands I realized dad must have gotten them through work because at the side of the theatre was a crowd of witches and wizards dressed in elegant dress robes and extravagant hats ranging from ones with furry arms that teased whoever was near them to delicate pink ones that shrunk like they were shy around unfamiliar people. 

We had reached the front of the line where a stout goblin was waiting by a door with a sign reading 'magical folk only', "Tickets please." The goblin said looking suspiciously at Hermione's parents. 

"Here you are Osdert, you're brother sends his regards from MACUSA." My dad said as he quickly handed the goblin our tickets. 

"Monica and Wendell Granger don't seem to be wizards, you know the rules Marcus." The goblin said sneering at Hermione's parents. 

"Do I need to remind your boss of the legislation regarding the illegal peddling of magical creatures." Dad said harshly. 

"Marcus, I don' want no trouble." The goblin said quickly, he was thinking while he looked at Hermione's parents. "It'll be our little secret," the goblin finally said. 

"What was that about?" Hermione whispered in my ear as we walked through the theatre, I noticed that they were selling snacks so I started walking over. 

"That goblin Osdert has gotten into loads of trouble with MACUSA for the company he's kept, namely Gnarlack." I said as we approached the snack stand, "do you want anything?" I asked Hermione. 

"Who's Gnarlack? And yeah a pumpkin pasty please." She said smiling at me. 

"Gnarlack was an especially reputable animal smuggler in New York during the 40's, eventually MACUSA caught him and he confessed everything for a plea deal. Every now and then a goblin gets a funny idea and tries smuggling something through New York that threatens wizardry being discovered, the one common denominator has been Osdert, his file's almost as tall as the MACUSA building is what dad says."

As I finished an elderly woman appeared out of nowhere behind the snacks, "hello dears, would you like anything?"

"Yeah three pumpkin pasties please." I said handing her the money for the snacks.