Chapter-48

A fist came crashing on the kidnapper's head followed by another. The kidnapper held his head in pain and groaned.

Y/n slowly opened her eyes to look for the source of the noise. She blinked the tears out of her eyes and adjusted her vision.

"Oppa!" She cried out. Her happiness had no bounds. She slowly looked at the other two boys and called out meekly "Jungkook. Jimin."

Before she could say anything further her head hurt. It was like thousand needles poking. She was going to faint but Jungkook held her.

"Jungkook and Jimin take Y/n home. We will look after this kidnapper" Jin said while kicking the kidnapper in the stomach.

Jungkook obeyed and helped Y/n get into the backseat of the car while Jimin took the driver's seat. He insisted on driving and that Y/n should be with Jungkook. His heart ached but he realised that the best thing in love was sacrifice. If letting go would keep his love safe then he would rather do so.

Meanwhile, Taehyung and Jin were thrashing the kidnapper to death. "How dare you hurt our sister? Because of you, our family was in a pathetic state...Our parents were devasted... Our happiness was lost! All because of you." Taehyung spoke bitterly.

"Why did you do this" Jin yelled, his eyes turning red in anger.

"Revenge!... Your father denied me shares in the company so I decided to steal away his happiness". The kidnapper spoke and sure enough, the voice was familiar.

Unable to hold in the curiosity, Jin pulled the mask of the kidnapper and stood shocked for a moment.

" MR LEE?"

"Traitor. Why would you do this to us? We treated you like our own family. We thought you were one among us. We gave space in our house and is this how you repay us. By putting us through pain. By backstabbing us. Why would you do such a thing" Taehyung yelled with tears in his eyes.

"I worked hard for the company. I helped your father to build the company. To improve it, to make money. In return I expected him to give a few shares in my name but he named the whole company for his children. Every bit on his children's names. I was frustrated. I felt humiliated. That day I decided I would ruin the Kim family. That's why I kidnapped her."

"You were given a salary. Dad paid you well" Jin said with bloodshot eyes.

"Salary?" Mr Lee laughed. "I am not a modest slave or a worker. I deserve better".

" Don't you have any humanity? Your greed has taken over you. You have lost the ability to differentiate between good and bad." Taehyung spat in anger.

Just then Namjoon entered with the cops and arrested Mr Lee. "Finally the culprit is caught. You will be punished severely for kidnapping Y/n and setting the orphanage on fire. Due to your greed, several innocents lost their life" Namjoon said while handcuffing Mr Lee.

"Hyung, you head back home with Tae. I will handle this unfaithful person. I'll make sure he is punished." Namjoon reassured.

Jin and Tae couldn't wait to be united with Y/n.
Y/n hugged Jungkook in the backseat and slowly drifted to sleep. She felt safe in Jungkook's arms. She found her solace. Jimin was seeing both of them from the car mirror with a sad smile. He understood what to do.

They reached the Kim mansion where Mrs Kim was pacing up and down in front of the door. The moment she caught a glimpse of Y/n her joy had no bounds. She engulfed Y/n in a hug, her eyes brimming with happy tears. They both walked in while leaving Jungkook and Jimin behind.

Jimin started to walk back without uttering a word. "Hyung?" Jungkook called out.

"Don't...Don't do it Jungkook. Y/n is in safe hands. She is with her family. She is loved. What better will I want for her? The past should remain the past. Else the happiness of the Kim family will be ruined. Y/n's health will deteriorate. Hence, I should leave... For good." Jimin wiped his eyes and put up a small smile. "Promise me Jungkook, that you will look after Y/n... That you will not make the mistake I made... That you will love her and protect her forever."

Jungkook looked at Jimin with a blank look. He felt the truth in his words. Slowly he took Jimin's hand and held it firmly with a smile. "Yes, Hyung. I will love and protect my lady luck at any cost."

                         ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇