Chapter 40 - Cardinals

He stepped out of the room, leaving me angry.
My eyes were swollen from the last cry session and now even more.

In came the glam team that was bought for me at salem realm.
I saw a familiar face who was shocked to see me.
She looked down at my mid section with a gasp. She had tears in her eyes as she looked at my face, which was red from the crying and anger.
'Hi, Annie,' I whispered. Smiling at her, the smile turned into a sob.
She came over to me and hugged me to her,my face was nestled in her rib cage.
' Shush, you're stronger than this. You're a queen and queens don't cry,' she whispered into my matted her.
She let go of me and held her hand out.
' Come, let's get you ready for dinner. You missed breakfast, but the fancy dinner is still in place.' she smiled.
The ladies followed behind her. The one that was begging for her life wasn't here.
' That girl,' I asked Annie. She shook her head at me, making her eyes wide.
'The dress is standard elegant one,' she began as she pulled the dress out. It was a beautiful dark blue dress. It covered my arms and fell to the floor. The neck line was a modest one instead of the plunging obscene ones that he made me wear.
My hair was carefully combed out.The knots were taken out of my hair one at a time.
Makeup was done as quickly as possible.
The tones are neutral and compliment my brown eyes. She quickly pinned my hair to my temples. The dress fell over my bump and hugged it. The dress seemed to emphasize my bump. The fact that I was expecting.
The door slammed open with a bang, making me jump,In walked Carter. He had a black suit on his black shirt, and his black shirt was open at his chest.
His hair slicked back in an elegant way. His face looks more chiselled with his hair like that.
'The dinner has changed to a meeting instead, my love,' he said. He smirked, looking me up and down,my heart froze in fear.
Thesus came in from the hallway. He had two people holding the trays.
' Eat, the little one is hungry. I can hear the complaints in the pack link.'He smiled. I rubbed my bump. I didn't even feel the hunger. It seemed to have died until I smelt the food. Eating healthy food wasn't even a thing anymore.
Thesus looked at me. His eyes slowly travelled to my bump. His eyes lingered on my bump.
'Thank you,' I said, looking at Thesus. I gave him a small smile. He was acting werid.
The food was my favourite cravings.
It was a plate of chocolate cake and a big slice of cheese pizza.
'He wanted this,' Carter grinned at me.
He was the one throwing tantrums about eating healthy to the extent of torturing me.
I suddenly felt a kick in my lower abdomen. A mamma stop it kick.
"Behave, little one," I said sternly. Patting my bump.
The kicking stopped.
I sighed, looking at the plates of food.
He nodded at Thesus, who looked at the people behind him.
They bought in the food and placed it on the dining area.

'I am going to go with Thesus, but you eat, and Annie will keep you company until we meet,' he said as he began to walk away.
Annie looked at me, then glanced at the girls with her, who bowed to me and left.

I sat down on the sofa and started taking a bite of the pizza,a moan left my mouth.
I was so hungry. I didn't even realise how hungry.
'Do you know where Carter is going?' I asked Annie who looked at the door.
She was wringing her hands.
'The meeting for the cardinals will decide yours and the baby's fate.' she looked like she was holding back more.
'Annie, what's wrong?' I whispered.
She glanced at the door and at my face. She was already sitting at the edge of her seat.
'The dinner has been stopped, so you can be tested for the mate bond,' she said quietly.
' There isn't no mate bond,' I said matter factly. I took another bite of the pizza. The cheese pull was so satisfying. I folded the pizza in half, trying to take a bite out without getting grease onto my dress.
' Your Highness, the mate bond is going to be influenced,' she whispered. I'm looking at my bump. I put the pizza down.
' Is my father here ?' He will stop this.
I made it to get up when there was another kick. The hunger and the anger were clashing, making me feel dizzy.
'Eat, your highness' she held the plate to me. I took a bite of the pizza and chewed slowly to savour the bite. I wanted to think of a way out. There were ways of figuring out the mate bond, and on this scale, it will be hard to refuse. I can't refuse the tests. I can't ask Annie for help. She narrowly escaped last time. Sienna and her friends weren't here either, and he had Sophia with him.
He wouldn't be so confident without a reason. I wasn't governed by human law, so I couldn't bring them in. Who would believe me?

'I have to believe in this. He can't have bought everyone. No one can help me. Even Kai can't help me. I can't do this anymore, Annie. I literally couldn't cope with this anymore. I live to free myself from him. The only thing I have cherished is my son.
I got a comforting nudge from him.
' Annie, do you think I'll live a happy life with him?' I asked. Maybe it will make my life easier, and I'll be able to become the mama I have always wanted.

She put her hand on my knee. And jestered to the pizza and cake.
' eat, keep up your strength,' she began. I started to eat as fast as I could, so I was able to think.
' Darling, I cherished the Black family and the salem kingdom, and many are like me. They are gods in these realms,hard to stop. Why do you think he was able to sway the votes.His mother has major influence, and they are all keen to keep their heir and prince. They will carry on breeding you and making sure you pump out an army of magical beings. There is something in you and your family know. An Oracle,wolf, and witch combination is ruthless. They don't know how powerful your child is at all,'she whispered in a fast, calming way.

She was talking in a calm and friendly manner, which was soothing.
As soon as I finished the slice of pizza,I began eating the cake or, more like, scoffing the cake. I need to eat a proper strengthening meal and not junk. I tapped my bump. I got a nudge back in response.

'Annie, how am I to save my son?' I whispered the council is my only hope, but if they are compromised.
She helped me up and did the final touch-ups to my makeup.
We slowly made our way to the council chambers. The hallways were decorated in paintings of the realms councillors present and past. Each look regal and scarier. In the colours of their realms.

We walked into a hall that had high ceilings full of beautiful paintings on it. The council members were sitting in a row on regal thrones in the front. Some looked really bored, mainly the younger members. You could see the heirs standing behind the Cardinals. In front stood Carter and beside him stood his mother and the Cardinal wolf. The Cardinal who was my friends dad, the one who wanted me to be the most powerful being in the room.
The Cardinal wolf looked worried as he glanced at me.
I glanced at the members, which included the winter faes. The Cardinals daughter who threatened my son. My eyes lingered on her for a moment longer. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Carter came towards me in a slow manner. To make it known who I was. The Cardinals that seemed bored sat properly and looked fascinated.

The main Cardinals or the strongest was sitting on the front seats. Whilst the rest branched out according to their powers.

'Come, Queen of Salem' said the man dressed in white. He stood in front of his throne.He had long white hair flowing down to his back. That peeked out slightly from the swaying. He was beautiful, which meant he was fae. They were unreasonable and good-looking.
On top of his head sat a heavy white crown.
They all stood and acknowledged my presence.

He looked like the man who greeted us out in the foyer. He's probably his court member.

'We have gathered from our courts and realms to discuss your domestic dispute with your mate,' he said in a manner that was curious. Every being lusts for power, and everyone needs it to some extent to survive in these worlds.
Another man stood up. He was in regal clothes matching the Winter fae king. But they were in a royal blue. He had black hair and sharp features that seemed to be made out of cream marble. His piercing blue eyes were surrounded by long black eyes that made his blue eyes sharper.
He stood with an eerie look on his face.
' Your child?' He said quitely, taking a step towards me. Carter stood in front of me.
He took a step back and started laughing.
'Welcome, Queen Black,' he smirked.
They didn't announce their names or who they were. I was expected to know as the Queen of Salem.
' We will do the tests, and you can go on your merry way,' he said. The Cardinals on the lower thrones were looking at us with interest. Especially since the vampire took an interest in my child.

What is this little one attracting.