Chapter 28- Safe

I didn't want this hug to be over.
For him to leave me.
I held on to him tightly as possible.
He kept on kissing my head and rubbing my back.
'Kai, please don't let him take me away again. Stop the cardinal wolf from allowing it' I sobbed into his chest.
' shush, I will not allow it' he whispered into my hair. The confidence in his voice made my heart ache.
He held me closer, walking towards my bed, slowly letting go of me. He began taking of his jacket and shirt.
He kicked of his trainers,pulling me into bed with him.
I hugged him tightly again as he tried pulling the duvet on us.
He gave up on the duvet but held me close.
' what did he do ' he whispered as he tried turning on to his side. I held on tightly. He laid on his back again.
Squeezing my eyes shut, I ignored him.
Maybe he will forget.
He rubbed my back with one hand and played with my hair. The small slow circle motions helped me fall a sleep.

'I know you don't want to talk. If and when your ready. I'll be here.' He whispered into my hair. My eyes slowly started to close.

For the first time in a long time, I slept like a baby. The peace i had in my heart was the most powerful feeling ever. One I would love to have as constant in my life. Suppressing a yawn and temptation to stay in bed.

Kai.

I eased my self of his warm chest.He slept like angel and looked like one to.

'Stop staring at me'he whispered turning over to throw his arm on to me.
I let him pull me in to his chest. He sighed loudly and started to fall a sleep again.

'Kai, why didn't you tell me about your brother' i whispered to him.
He went still.
' I didn't know I had one. I was told he was dead' he said. His voice husky from sleep held a edge. Anger was laced through every word he said.

He slowly untangled himself from.as gently as possible and sat up. He threw the duvet off and sat on the edge of the bed readying himself to get up.

His lean muscled back was a startling sight.
He never worked out because he didn't want to look like a steroid head. At 6.5 ft height and with a Wolfs metabolism,he had the muscles and fit body. But this was pure dedication. I know this because of my brothers and their constant meals preps.
' when did you get this big' he looked back at me as I pointed at his muscles.

He smiled and turned towards me. He leaned over and started to push my hair out of my face.
'Aren't you getting out of bed?' He whispered to me. He kissing my forehead. I shook my head.

' I took your safety for granted. I have been training to be a better warrior and gaurd for you. I won't let him take you' he whispered.
The hand that was on my cheek, I held tightly.
' he will take me again with or without my consent. I need to learn how fight him atleast enough to get away from him'
He nodded in agreement.

' no more staring at me training' he kissed me on forehead and got of his stomach.

He had bulked alot he was heavier on his shoulders and chest area.
' Kai, i don't want to be weak. I want to fight. I want to be able to protect myself' he started dressing again.

' I'll talk to your family and the cardinal wolf'

I quickly sat up. My open hair spilling over my shoulders.
They won't allow me too especially if they think that im pregnant.

'Kai they won't allow it.' I shouted panicked at him. He sat down and started putting on his shoes. Looking over at me. He was in his own world thinking of solutions.

Alpha pregnancies are dangerous and the rare pregnancy reaches full term.

That's why the mixing of races have been tolerated. They couldn't tolerate my so called mating.