Chapter 38- Honor

'Carter,' I whispered as Sophia started to cry loudly. As i tried getting up.
'STAY, LAYING DOWN' Carter screamed at me. I eased myself down as a tremor went through me.

'She will be safe as long as you are. My son's birth will happen in his own pack. He will be bound until he is ready or until I am' he held her by her forearm. He yanked her towards the door and shoved her into a soldier.

The man dragged the crying Sophia away.
' please, what will the council say and what will you explain' I begged him. My hair sticking to my temples with tears and sweat.
The door opened to a solider, holding a plate of food which was covered with a cloche. Carter shut the door. The solider stood there whilst Carter helped me in a sitting positon. He placed the pillows behind me and coveree me with the duvet.
It smelled like chocolate cake. The room filled with smell. It felt like izzy was back with how sharp my nose became.
My stomach growled with hunger.
'He agreed to behave with cake' he said as walked towards me. He pull the dyvet down to cover my bump. He uncovered the plate and took the spoon beside it.
He took a bite and put the spoon in front of me. I turned my head as the tears rolled  down my face.
' Eat' he asked in a rather polite manner. I got a kick in response to the question. He is already backing his father.
I need to be away from him when i give birth to him.

I took the first bite and the chocolate cake just melted in my mouth. My stomach let out a embarrassing growl. Carter smiled.
' he is very stubborn' he whispered with a smile on his face as he put another bite to my  mouth. I took the bite in to my mouth as I felt him moving.
' he is moving' I smiled at him. He put the spoon down as I reached for his hand. I put his hand on the spot. He had a genuine smile on his face.
He smiled as he let go.
'He is apologising for hurting you. And this boy is a ' he said. But stopped as i let go of his hand.
' yeah, I can't hear him. My wolf has left' I whispered. She left because of him.
'She left?' He asked confused.
' she left when you' I whispered as turned my face away. As the tears threatened my eyes again.
When he took me against my will and slowly broke me.
'She can't have left you. She is dormannt and she can be brought back. She is sleeping' he said. Smiling at me like I was a idoit.
He put another spoon of cake near my mouth.
'We can be together and happy.  He will be raised like a normal boy,a happy boy'  he whispered.
Maybe it is the best idea. Save the lifes of many but sacrifice mine and my childs.
' you know he won't be normal or raised normal. Not as the prince of salem realm not even as the heir. He won't be normal. We can't be normal' I said as the reality set in. I can be happy in my cage or not.
He sighed and out another spoon full to my mouth.
I moved it away. He put the spoon down.
'You raped me,Carter. Brutally. You killed my sister. You murdered my pack members and have kept me away from my intended mate. You cashed in on a blood vow and asked for my friend. Threatening everything I love. Tell what shall I forgive' I asked him. He looked at me with satisfaction.
'Yes, I am the wicked wolf. But your parents and family could have stopped this. You could have stopped this. I wouldn't have to resort to this' he said as he bought the spoon to my mouth.
I took the bite because of the kick I got. The bite instantly melted again.
'I did what was necessary. Would I  have liked to spare you the pain. Definitely. But it had to be this way for you to be mine. For my boy to come and my future children.' He whispered as he took a another bite.

'You could have spared me the pain. You could have spared me the marks you left on my body and mind. My child is a result of rape and everyone knows this. He will grow up with that on everyone's mind. You took so much from both of us. You could have tried to date me or talk to me. But you stole my dreams and my life' I whispered the last word.

He smiled at me.
'I have given you so much in return' he said.
I shook my head the tears blurred my vision .
'You have the child. Your going to give birth to the most powerful being. He is the ultimate hybrid. You can't deny the honor of giving birth to the future emperor' he said as he put the plate down.
I wiped my tears with the back if my hand.
'I wake up crying and screaming because  of this privilege. You taken from me, my peace and consent. My son will not be yours to ruin. He will grow up with the idea of honor' I said confident. He came back and sat beside me.
'My son is already on power trips. My heir hates a no. So who we to deny him that. I will let him rule this world' he said as he wiped my face in a caring gesture.

'So this is it' I asked. He can't have gone through this all for a child.
' no, we are going to have more children and live happily ever after. Even if I have to line that path with thorns' he wiped my tears then.

-