Chapter 36- Duvet

I woke up with a start, sitting up abruptly.
I was in my underwear. Night had fallen, the moon had light the whole room up with it's bright light.
I slowly looked around the room. When i felt movement beside me.
It was Carter,he was in boxers still. His face was facing the window. The moonlight lit his face up. He looked so innocent.
It's as if he was another man not the man who raped me. Not the man who threatened me or the man who killed my sister.
In another time or world, he would have been everything I looked for in looks and persona. The navie Valentina would have thought he was kind and caring whilst he slowly suffocated her with his possessive behaviour.

I slowly started to slide of the bed. I looked back at him, he was still a sleep. When I felt a hand in my arm.

' where do you think, your are going' he asked me. As he yanked me towards him

I quickly grabbed his shirt that was on the chair and held it qto my chest.
' no where' I said as he let go.
He laid back down. Staring at me as I slipped on his shirt. The shirt was tight around my bump and the buttons was straining against my bump. He opened the bottom two so the rest of the top wasn't tight.
' what was you thinking ' he asked me.
He looked at me as if I was the lost jigsaw puzzle piece that he lost and suddenly found.
' I was thinking about the fact, how different things would have been if you was actually a nice being' I said as I settled my self against the pillow he propped up.
' I have a similar thought process with you. If you just had accepted our mate bond and relationship. Alot of people would have survived and we would have been happy. We would have been celebrating our baby' he said as closed his eyes. He sighed loudly and put his hand to my bump.
' nothing will change the outcome. Kai isn't yours and never was. You belong to me, mía' he whispered to me.
He abruptly sat up as there was a knock.
He looked at me.
'cover your self and stay away from the door' he said.
He glanced at my legs that was on top of the duvet. He lifed his eyebrow up in a wtf stare.
I put the cover on to my legs but didn't move.
He came over and pulled the duvet of me. I quickly grabbed the corner, he yanked it out of my hand.
I covered my chest with my hands as he wrapped the duvet around my shoulders and tucked it into my hands.
'I don't like people looking at my things' he said as he walked towards the door in his boxer.
In his boxers.
' the apprentice cardinal sent this' thesus said. He presented a plate covered with a cloche.
Carter snatched the plate of thesus and slammed the door.
I let the duvet fall and got up.
' cake?' I asked. I reached for the plate just as he threw it against the wall.
'That bastered' he shouted at the door.
'You know, I need to eat cake in the morning' I shouted just as he dragged me towards him from the back of my head bending me backwards into his chest.
' I told you, I don't deal with disrespect and someone bringing my pregnant mate food. IS DISRESPECT' he shouted at me. I held his hand.
'Carter, the baby' I whispered in tears as the baby kicked and moved fast.
'I TOLD YOU,I DON'T WANT HIM AROUND YOU' he said in a eerily manner. He pulled me back more, my body in awkward arch.

' my baby' I begged. I started crying loudly. He held me in that position a moment long and turned me around so my back was to him. To ease the pain in the back of my head,I was on my tiptoes. He yanked my head into his chest.
'Want cake' he asked me with his other hand on the bump.
The baby kicked hard against the hand.
' I ..please my baby' I begged him. He let go of my hair and put both of his hands against my bump. He pulled me into his chest.
'Both of you belong to me AND never think otherwise he said as he began to kiss my shoulder.
There was a knock on the door again.
' cover yourself' he said as he pushed me towards the bed. I got on to the bed and wrapped the duvet on me like he did and covered my face too.
My face was red from crying.
'The apprentice Cardinal sent another plate' thesus said. Carter grabbed the plate and slammed the door.
' we know you want cake' he stalked towards me as he threw the cloche aside revealing the cake slices.
He sat on the bed and put the plate on the bedside table.
He yanked the duvet of me, throwing it the side.
'Eat up' he said as he picked up the plate and digged into the cake.
He held the spoon up to my mouth. I turned my face away from him. He held the spoon to my mouth again.
When i refused again he grabbed my face, squeezing hard so my mouth opens. He sharply shoved the spoon into my mouth,scraping the spoon against my teeth,making me choke on the cake bite. He let go of my face.
I began coughing and spat it out.
' you said you wouldn't harm the baby 'I begged the tears were streaming down my cheeks.
'Not letting me have my craving is harming the baby' I pleaded with him. He places his hand on my cheek and slipped it into my hair. Pulling me close to him.
My hair was loosely held back simce yesterday and not done. Leaving it a mess.
'You want cake, I'll give you cake but he isn't allowed around. He isn't allowed to touch you or talk to my son. He isn't allowed to show you the care that is reserved for me' he said. I pulled his hand away from my hair and he allowed it.
He had some hair strands in fingers.
' He has looked after me and my son. He is allowed to do that. He has every right. I said the anger boiling. I wiped the cake of my face .
He started laughing. He looked at me with amusement in his eyes.
' what do you think we are doing here' he asked. Getting up, he went to the table and poured himself some amber drink in to a glass.

'What do you mean, we was here only to decided the fate of you and what you have done to me' I asked fear spiking my heart.
I sat up straight.

He sat down on the sofa with the drink. He took a swig of the drink and looked at me with one eyebrow lifted.
' you can't do anything to him. He has only looked after me.'
The moment i mentioned him. He threw the glass smashing it into peices.
He stood as there was a knock on the door.
Looking at me,he reached for the door handle. I quickly covered my self with the duvet.
There stood Sophia
Sophia who I hadn't seen in a long time. The one that I would never choose to be away from.
'Sophia' I whispered. He opened the door wide letting her in.
I sat up letting the duvet fall.
'Sophia, what are you doing here' I asked.
She was in tears and stood there.
'Carter' I whispered in horror.
He put his arm around her.
'Sophia's family has agreed to her being mine' he said as he kissed her head. My Sophia. She was trembling. I knew what he was capable off.
'what do you mean' I said as I looked at her.
Tears streamed down her face.
I let go of the duvet.
Stepping down from the bed.
Her wolf wasn't trained or dominate wolf. Her eyes kept on flashing between wolf and human. The desperation in her wolf's eyes.
'YOU CAN'T DO THIS' I screamed. I tried pulling her out of his hold. She held on to my hand desperately.
She started crying as Carter dug his claws into her neck .
'Yes, I can. Her uncle handed her over to me and honoured his vow. No one can come between a Blood vow. He vowed to give me whatever I wanted.' he whispered as digged deeper into her shoulder.
'She is mine to do what I want with' he said as the blood ran down her shoulder coating the shirt she was wearing.
Suddenly the pain in the front of my belly made me falter.
I held my self.
Once again there was a sharp pain.
I screamed as I fell to the floor.
Just as I was about to touch the floor,Carter caught me.
' my baby' I wailed.
He carried me in his arms to the bed as he covered me up.
Sophia came and sat beside me.
She held my hand and pushed my tear stained hair out my face.
'Sophia, please look after him if something happens to me' I begged her. She nodded her face red from crying.

GUYS- Have you checked out the new trailer for House of Dragon.. Games of thrones !