Special Chapter 2: Haunted Mansion pt.3

Começar do início

  Claude's arms were wrapped around Anastacius' neck, his hair was tousled over and he looked like he had been through hell. He glared at his brother who was just as dishevelled as him. "You should have run a bit faster," he growled. "We almost got caught by that psychopath."

  Anastacius clicked his tongue in annoyance and rolled his eyes. "Well if I wasn't carrying a heavy load such as yourself, I would actually be able to outrun that guy!"

  "So it's my fault for almost getting the both of us killed then?"

  "That's exactly what I'm saying!"

  Somebody cleared their throat, catching the two brothers' attention. They turned their heads and their hearts froze when they saw Diana, Lily and Felix looking at them with amused faces.

  "You guys look closer than ever," Diana said with a knowing smirk on her pretty face.

  Anastacius dropped Claude on the floor, making a loud thud sound. There was a low groan coming from the emperor as he rubbed his bum.

  "Oh, pardon me, brother. I accidentally lost some of my strength in my arms." Anastacius smiled innocently at his younger brother. He then smiled in a more polite manner toward the three bystanders. "I see you lot are doing alright. Did you guys encounter anything supernatural yet?"

  "Diana and I encountered a ghost of an eyeless boy." Lily shivered. "I wish to forget that encounter, honestly..."

  Felix tried to force himself to smile but he was still too tired from running around the mansion for a long time. "I uh... I encountered a girl in the bathroom I was teleported to. Screamed like a girl and I burst down the door after that." He ignored the confused looks on their faces, especially Claude's judgemental expression. "A-And I was also chased by a doll earlier. Really creepy doll... I think I threw a vase at it out of panic."

  Claude was already standing. He patted his pants down and let out a soft sigh. "I'm impressed that you're still not dead from a heart attack," he confessed.

  "It would have to take a lot more than that to scare me to my grave, Your Majesty," Felix responded.

  Anastacius looked around. Including himself, there were five of them in the same hallway. There were no signs of the teenagers anywhere. He wondered who his daughter had paired up with. Hopefully not either of the boys. He didn't mind it if his niece paired up with Jennette, though.

  "I wonder if the others are alright," Lily voiced out her concern. "After all, this mansion is filled with a lot of spirits... and psychopaths apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if any one of them passes out from fright."

  "I say we go look for them," Felix said. Even though he wished to get out of the mansion as soon as possible, he would like to get out with everyone else. He raised his hand. "Anyone who agrees with me, say 'I'."

  "I," everyone said and by everyone that also including Claude.

  Felix clapped his hands. "Great! We should start searching for-"

  "AAAHHHH!"

  Why were there so many doors being broken down today?

  The five adults whipped their heads and were shocked to see Alpheus' son carrying a terrified Athanasia whose jewel eyes spun around in dizzying circles. The poor boy was panting heavily and his silver hair was wet from his sweat.

  His shirt... it was covered with some sort of green stain. They decided to not ask since they had a feeling what that green stain was and where that came from.

  "Ijekiel... Are... Are you alright? You can put me down." Athanasia forced herself to smile at him. "You've been carrying me like this for a long time so I'm sure you're exhausted."