One Good Scare Ought To Do It!

"Ladies and platypuses, introducing the latest party craze to sweep the nation, The Amazing Mariachi Tree!" Phineas pretended to announce to a crowd even though Piper and Perry were the only ones sat in the grass.

The band was all sat on the branches of the tree with Ferb playing a trumpet at the very top. Piper clapped when they started to play music.

Ferb leaned back and fell off the branch he was sat on which caused all the other Mariachi members to fall and land in a pile on the ground.

Piper gasped and ran over to help Ferb out of pile and make sure he wasn't hurt anywhere.

Phineas just casually walked over with a smile. "I think the lesson here is never drink so much chocolate milk before planning our day's activity."

Him and his brother waved as the band got up and left. "By, guys. Sorry. Good work there, though. There's that smile, Arturo. Gracias."

"Hi, Phineas." Isabella greeted her crush as she walked into the backyard.

"Hi, Isabella."

"Whatcha do- *hiccup*."

They all looked at her in shock at the sudden noise.

"Are you okay?" Asked the red-head.

"Yah, I just came by to see whatcha do- *hiccup* -ing."

"Wow. That's a bad case of the hiccups you got there."

"I know. They're driving me crazy! *hiccup*"

"Not to fear, Isabella. We'll help you cure your hiccups"

Isabella hiccuped and looked excited.

Phineas looked around. "Hey, where's Perry?"

Piper just shrugged smiled knowingly. "Okay, Isabella." She changed the subject. "The best way to cure the hiccups is to scare them away. So, what scares you?"

The ravenette thought about it. "Well, there was this haunted house at the state fair- *hiccups* -that was pretty scary."

"That's it!" Phineas exclaimed. "We're gonna make you the scariest haunted house ever! With zombies and werewolves, and ghosts and vampires! And witches!"

"Ahem!"

Phineas jumped and turned to see Candace glaring down at him. "Phineas." She growled. "The only way you're building a haunted house in this backyard is over my dead body."

"That's the idea." He said, mimicking a vampire.

"That's it you little psycho. I'm calling mom." She threatened and ran back into the house. "And I am not using the banana this time!"

The kids all stared in silence.

"You guys heard that, right?" Phineas asked and looked at them. "It wasn't just me?"

~~~

Candace stomped over to the phone and grabbed the paper with the number of the house that her mom was at. "Build a haunted house, my foot. They're so busted." She dialed the number and waited until someone picked up. "Yes. Hello. This is an emergency. I'd like to speak with Linda Flynn. To whom am I presently speaking?"

"Uh, Jeremy, that's whom."

Her eyes widened and she seized up. "J-J-Jeremy? J-Jeremy who?"

"Jeremy Johnson. My mom's hosting a book club today. Who's this?"

Candace crumbled up the note and crinkled it into the phone speaker to mimic static. "We seem to be breaking up. I-I'm going into a tunnel. Sunspots! I- ¡no habla Español!" She panicked and quickly hung up.