chapter 14

Everybody has a chapter they don't read out loud

After jimin confessed about his nightmares to jungkook. Both of them didn't speak to each order .but it was obvious that jungkook had many questions, it was written all over his face.

And jimin knew that now that he had already told jungkook about it...he'll have to answer jungkooks questions too. He had no choice ,
Not that he ever had a choice about anything.

.
.
.
.
.
Right now jungkook and jimin were sitting together near the foot of the bed, they don't how ended up talking to each other when jungkook had one more panic attack. Jimin tried to comfort him and hence they ended up sitting closer than they ever did.

‘ so...you get them to? ’ jungkook asked not looking at jimin

Jimin nodded after all the days he had spent with jungkook this was the first time he didn't feel afraid of him.

‘ what do you...umm what do you get nightmares about?’ suddenly jungkook was curious about jimin's nightmares, he truly wanted to know, it's not always that you get a chance to talk to people about these things, and the fact that jungkook himself suffered because of them he wanted to know the reason behind jimin's nightmares.

‘ umm...’ jimin seemed nervous

‘ you don't have to tell me if you don't want to...i -’

Jimin was surprised but , he felt like ... he wanted to tell jungkook everything for some reason.
Maybe it was because no one ever asked him about it .

‘ no. it's fine...I mean there are many things I get nightmares about I could tell you a few ’ jimin smiled sadly

‘ many...? ’ jungkook said surprised

‘ well you see being an orphan is not necessarily a very nice experience you know...being without parents can affect our life a lot ’ jimin said looking at the balcony.

They both were sitting on the floor leaning on the bed as they faced the moonlight which illuminated the room.

Jungkook kept quiet, waiting for jimin to continue.

‘ there was this system in our orphanage where we got punished for making mistakes or breaking any rule, if we break a rule then they would lock us in a room ’ jungkook nodded understanding

‘ it was a small room... a storage room without any windows or ventilation...it was scary, all the kids who went there always expressed how horrible their experience was...’

‘ and me being claustrophobic, I was really afraid of making a mistake and having to go there...but I ended up there when I broke a rule. I spent 2 days in complete darkness I was 17 at that time, it was my birthday too I still remember how I cried for help and screamed until I couldn't, but nobody came to help. I was really scared...I still get scared when I think about it. That's the reason I still get scared of darkness...’ and it was enough to make  jungkook feel guilty for forcing jimin to stay in wooshik's room.

‘ well it was the first time I got locked up...but sadly that wasn't the last ’

Jimin said taking a breath as he finally confessed it to someone for the first time...that someone being the last person he imagined telling these things to...his master

I know its not that bad...but -’

‘ It must have been very scary...’ jungkook said much to jimin's surprise. The older didn't expect him to react this way at all.

‘ yeah...it was...’

‘ but...why did you get punished tho...what did you even do that they locked you up for two days...’ jungkook asked looking at older like a toddler, asking a question.

he really forgot about everything when he was talking to jimin...he didn't even act like himself anymore .jimin felt like he was talking to a whole new person. Not that he complained tho, this jungkook was much better than his scary master.

‘ I broke a rule by stealing the food ’Jimin said

‘ were...you hungry? ’ the younger asked.

‘ ... I stole it for the new kids, every year many new kids got transferred to our orphanage...some came from other orphanages and some were rescued from the streets, for them the new life wasn't as easy...our orphanage wasn't like normal orphanages they made us work till dawn they didn't feed us and all the food and gifts  that came as donations were taken away or sold off, it never reached us ’

Jungkook was listening watching how sad jimin looked.

‘ It was Christmas and around that time many new kids came, they had a really tough time getting used to all the things...and the new manager of the orphanage was even crueler...he didn't feed us because some kids tried to run away ’

‘ at Christmas night we got lots of cakes and gifts donated...but as usual, it was taken away from us, I knew that they kept it in one of the rooms near the kitchen, so I tried to steal some cake for the new kids....’ jimin stopped looking down sadly

‘ and you got caught...’ jungkook whispered

Jimin nodded in response

‘ sometimes my sir...he was one of the caretakers at the orphanage, he said that he liked to hear my cries...so he would just lock me up in that room for fun ’ jimin chuckled sadly closing his eyes as he leaned his head back resting it on the edge of the bed

Jungkook's eyes widened listening to the treatment jimin went through...but I was no better to him
He thought to himself.

Once again silence filled the room, both of them didn't utter a word...jimin started caressing fluffy.

all of a sudden jungkook spoke breaking the silence ‘ do you ever get nightmares because you...lost someone?...someone you loved ’ he regretted his words as soon as they left his mouth...maybe I'm getting to comfort should stop.

‘ ... I never had anyone I could lose’ he replied as a tear rolled down his eyes.

Jungkook watched him...but didn't say anything he was feeling bad for treating jimin like that earlier.

‘ but...’ jimin continued ‘ I had a friend ’ he said looking at fluffy and stroking him lightly ‘ he was the only family I ever had...he was my best friend ’ his voice cracked he was trying not to cry. ‘ we got separated...and I don't know where he is right now, maybe he don't even remember me, but I do ’ he sniffed as he hugged fluffy.

That was the movement jungkook realized...maybe he wasn't the only one suffering, maybe he wasn't the only one broken.

₊˚‧_____₊ 𓆩𓆪 ₊_____‧˚₊

Ayo , your gurl is back with a new update xd

Please keep on voting !!

I'm very grateful for all the votes and comments your support isn't unnoticed i appreciate it very much so tysm ❤️