chapter 32

Chapter 32

K.Y

That morning, after the doctor came for his morning rounds and checked up on Keyshia who had just woken up at that time, I heaved a sigh of relief after he told me she was doing perfectly fine and could go home soon. When he left, I turned to my younger sister who still looked weak and pale but she gave me an assuring smile, apparently, she knew how worried I was.

"I'm hungry," those were the first words that came out of her mouth as she rubbed her tummy and I smiled, feeling glad that she could now talk and ask for food.

"What do you want to eat?" I queried as I got on my feet prepared to get her whatever she wanted.

"Jollof rice, fried rice and chicken with coleslaw," she uttered and I chuckled.

"Of course you'll want that now, but I'll get it for you, though," I told her and her smile increased.

"Thanks," she said and I nodded.

"I'll go get it for you now," I told her and she bobbed her head then I made my way out of the hospital room. Opening my purse to confirm if I still had enough to get her the food, I nodded to myself and then walked out of the hospital.

Since the hospital was where we always came to whenever any of us got sick most especially Keyshia, I didn't have to ask for the nearest eatery though I had to take a bike to the place. After waiting for a few minutes trying to hail a bike since they kept on telling me ridiculous prices, I almost agreed to it since I was tired of waiting but then a familiar car pulled over in front of me.

Since I recognised the car, I walked up to it after he honked twice to convey his presence and then he rolled down the window.

"Hey K.Y," Tise greeted with a small smile which I returned too, knowing he would surely tell me to hop in and then drop me at the eatery and as expected, he told me to hop in after I returned his greetings.

"Where are you heading to this morning?" He queried and I glanced at him.

"BEEfoods," I replied and he lifted his brows.

"I need to get some food for my sister," I explained.

"Oh, how is she now?" He inquired as he started the car.

"She's better now," I replied.

"That's good to hear," he commented.

"Thanks."

"I'll head to the eatery then."

"I hope I'm not disturbing your plan though? 'Cause it's obvious you have somewhere to be this morning," I pointed out knowing he never left the house this early, not even on a Saturday morning.

"Not really," he replied in an assuring tone.

"Oh okay."

We remained in a comfortable silence after that until his phone rang and glancing at it, he didn't bother picking it, the same thing happened again and I decided to talk.

"Are you not going to pick up?" I asked and he glanced at me.

"Don't worry about that, she knows I'm on my way already," he replied and I puckered my brows. She? Looks like he was going to meet a lady and she must be really important for him to leave the house this early and just then, I felt a pang of jealousy. Why was I even jealous over that? Gosh! I shook my head and…

"Are you okay?" Tise queried and I lifted my head to look at him.

"Yeah."

"You were shaking your head," he pointed out.