chapter 30

Chapter 30

For the past one week, Tise had been tutoring me on physics and I could see an improvement since I scored ten in yesterday's test but he scolded me about it and decided to give me morale by promising to gift me something if I should score twenty in the next test, though I didn't think it was possible but I still wanted to try since I was curious about what he wanted to give me.

My friends and I had been studying since morning and now I was already getting bored out of mind, when Crystal was sent to the supermarket, Juliana and I decided to go with her at least to get fresh air.

We strolled to the supermarket and immediately we entered, my eyes caught sight of Zayn talking to one girl who was giggling and I rolled my eyes.

"He's already deceiving that one," Juliana said to me and I nodded.

"I think that's now his hobby," I told her and Crystal picked the curry before turning to us.

"Don't you think we should inform Gbemi?" She queried and I shared a look with Juliana before shaking my head.

"No, that wouldn't be nice. She should find out herself," Juliana responded and Crystal shrugged before going to the other section for beverages and we followed her.

Zayn saw me then and he waved the girl bye before walking up to me. Juliana nudged my shoulders immediately he stood in front of me.

"Hey Julie," he smiled at Juliana who gave him a fake smile in return.

"Hey," she joined Crystal who was already at the front and just when I took a step, he obstructed me and I pursed my lips.

"What do you want?"

His lips stretched into a wide smile.

"Can't I greet you again?"

"You can. We aren't enemies right?"

He bobbed his head.

"Did you think about what I mentioned the other time?"

I knew what he was referring to but I decided to feign ignorance.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm talking about coming back together."

I let out a scoff. "Is that how shameless you are?"

He creased his brows.

"Just let me get this straight to you, you broke up with me first because of something meaningless and I've moved on so, let's remain as friends and lead our separate lives," I concluded and walked away.

Joining the others at the beverage section, they asked about him and we all laughed about it. On our way back home, we came in contact with Ziba and after much exchange of pleasantries, Crystal dragged Juliana away leaving only me and him.

"How have you been?" He started and I glanced at him.

"Fine, you?" I looked away from him as my friends glanced at me with a wink.

"I've been doing okay though a bit sad that you're indifferent to my feelings."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"I don't understand you. Anyway, I need to see my sister." I stopped in front of Kike's place and the gateman upon seeing me opened the door while I smiled at him before strolling into the house.

"You don't have to come with me." I turned back to Ziba who shrugged.

"I want to," he insisted and I nodded before increasing my pace. After knocking on the door twice without any response, I opened the door which wasn't locked and then stepped into the house with Ziba behind me.