chapter 16

The gatekeeper opened the gate and we all stepped into the house. I'd decided to take Crystal with me to Kike's place and Juliana also tagged along so far we were all free and our bosses weren't around but seeing the numbers of cars parked at the garage, it means they were back.

"Where are you guys coming from?" Tumi questioned as she beamed at us.

"We went to my sister's place," I told her and she nodded.

"Your sister stays in this estate too?"

"Yeah, it's not really far from here."

"Oh," she mouthed.

"Are you going out?" Crystal queried and Tumi bobbed her head as she hanged her black cross bag on her shoulder. She was in a baggy jumpsuit that looked so good on her.

"Yeah, I need help with my assignment."

"Chemistry right?" Crystal asked jocularly and Tumi smiled.

"Of course, I'm just like my brother."

"And K.Y knows Chemistry oo, she was the best student then," Juliana who had been quiet all along interjected and I turned to throw her a scowl.

"Really? That's nice, I guess I don't have to go to Gbemi's place again, that one will kuku do ako before calling her boyfriend to help me solve it."

Her latter statement made my mood sour. Zayd and I haven't talked since we ended things and that made me ponder if that was how love ended so quickly. Thank goodness I didn't love him with all my heart, if not I would have been a mess.

"Her boyfriend?" Crystal asked and Tumi nodded.

"Yeah, he's always the one helping me to solve it, Gbemi doesn't know anything but that guy is all a girl could ask for, he's everything, it's just a pity that my Clinton is a dumbass in Chemistry too," she chuckled at her last statement while Juliana glanced my way.

"Let's go in," I said before leading the way while they all followed suit. The fact that I was the best student and also had distinction in Chemistry didn't mean I was confident about Tumi's question, I just hope I haven't forgotten everything not like I didn't have a retentive memory but you never can tell.

We got to our room not long after and Tumi made herself comfortable on my bed while Juliana and Crystal had quickly gotten into a discussion, apparently a conversation about the guy we'd met earlier when we were going to Kike's place; the guy was handsome but he wasn't worth having a discussion over but Crystal and Juliana just took pleasure in it.

Tumi brought out her notebook and flipped through the pages before giving me the book, looking at it, I realized it was a question on entropy and enthalpy and it was quite easy.

"Thank you so much, I wonder where that my foolish teacher is always getting the questions you can't even see the answer on Google."

I chortled and she thanked me again before her phone rang, her face brightened and I suspected it was Clinton, my suspicion was confirmed when she called his name and excused herself from our room. Makes me remember when I was always giddy when talking to Zayd on phone, not knowing he'll end up being a jerk.

I realized it was getting late, so, I messaged Tise to ask for what he'll have for dinner because I was lazy to go upstairs and it wasn't like he would mention a specific food. I like that he wasn't picky about his food so I get to prepare whatever I like. His response came in few minutes later and just like always, it was, 'anything.'

************

It was always hard for me to get back to sleep every morning even though I always wake up before any one else. After my devotion, I decided to prepare breakfast so far I was jobless and couldn't go back to sleep.