chapter 19

A new month.
It was Kike's month and her birthday was in ten days and she wanted everything to be set before then.

We would be visiting the hall with the events planner today so I had to go to Kike's place but on getting to her place, the door was locked, it was still early in the morning and I wondered where she could have gone to. Did she probably decide to drop Keyshia off at school?

I brought out my phone and dialled her number. She didn't pick until the third ring.

"Where are you?" That was the first thing I said without bothering to greet her.

I heard her yawn from the other end. Was she just waking up? Didn't she sleep at home? What of Keyshia? Did she stay home alone? Different thoughts crossed my mind until her voice interrupted.

"I'm at Gbohunmi's place."

"What! You didn't sleep home last night? Did you leave Keyshia all to her self?"

"K.Y calm down, Keyshia is no longer a kid and I didn't leave her all to her self, she slept over at her friend's place, they were having movie night or something," she explained and I sighed.

"You've got lot of explanation to do, anyway, we have an appointment with the events planner by ten, meet me at my place," I hung up before she could respond.

Is she in a relationship with Gbohunmi? I asked no one as I headed back to my workplace. The honk of a car interrupted my thoughts and I turned back to look at the car.

"Hey," someone called from the black SUV car and I looked at the person.

"Hi," I greeted upon recognition. It was Amara, Tise's friend. She's been visiting him a lot lately and that made me curious too.

"Are you going home?" She queried and I nodded.

"Get in, let me drop you off," she offered and I shook my head.

"It's okay."

"No, it isn't, I'm going there too, get in, I don't kidnap," she laughed at the latter word but I didn't find it amusing at all.

Giving in, I opened the door and entered the car. She shined her teeth at me and I returned it with a half-hearted smile.

"What did you come and do here?" She questioned immediately I entered the car. So much for believing we'll stay quiet throughout the ride.

"I visited my sister."

She started the car before glancing at me, "Does she work for a household here too?"

I found the question offensive but didn't react to it.

"She owns an apartment here."

She turned to look at me and somehow I felt proud. Proud that Kike's sugar daddy bought her an apartment.

"She owns an apartment and you're working as a maid?" She asked with incredulity in her voice.

"It's complicated so, you can't understand," I concluded and she nodded.

I believed we would stay quiet after that but Amara proved me wrong.

"You know Tise never ate any other person's meal except Crystal's mom, I wonder how you became his personal cook," she started and I sighed.

"I wonder too."

"Are you that good in cooking or is there something more to it?"

I looked at her and she flashed me a smile. The gateman opened the gate and she drove into the compound. Immediately she stopped, I got out of her car and she did the same.