chapter 11

How I found myself at Starlight was still baffling but then I really missed Starlight, the noise, music, fun and happiness that was always on everyone's face even though they had their problems was something I missed, even the hate from Kike's colleagues and their fights. Unlike Crimson estate that was always as silent as a graveyard, staying in an estate was boring to me.

"Do you want me to pour you some drinks?" Gabriel who was opposite me asked and I shook my head in response.

"No, I don't drink alcohol."

"That's shocking, considering you served drinks here," he replied and I gave a faint smile.

"And you Tise, you've only been staring at the drink in front of you," Clinton who was seated opposite Tise said.

"I'm just not in the mood."

"You need to be," Clinton and Gabriel said in unison while I chuckled.

"Okay, you'll take responsibility if I should get drunk oo," Tise who was seated beside me warned and they nodded.

I watched him gulp down the drink while Clinton and Gabriel cheered him on.

"Let's dance," Gabriel offered while I shook my head.

"I'm not a good dancer," I lied smoothly, it was only because I didn't like the dance routine at the club.

He nodded before turning to Tise who shut him up before he could even ask.

"I'm not doing that."

"Whatever," Gabriel said before turning to Clinton who answered him readily, while they both got up to approach the dance floor, Tise stopped them.

"Clinton be careful, you know I'm watching you," he warned and Clinton smiled.

"Of course," then they disappeared to the dance floor while Tise and I sat in silence, he kept on gulping his drinks while I kept on feeding my eyes with the happenings around us.

When the silence became too awkward, I decided to go check up on Mama D.

"I need to see Mama D," I said as I made to stand up.

"Okay."

Then I walked away while straightening my short glittering gown, I'd decided to wear the short gown so far I couldn't wear my normal clothes to the club, Kike's money didn't waste today even though I was uncomfortable in it.

"Hey, pretty girl," a tall and tan skinned guy approached me few steps to Mama D's office.

"Hi," I replied nonchalantly.

"Do you mind joining me and my friends over there?" he pointed at the other end which I didn't bother looking at.

"Yes, I'm in a hurry right now."

"What of a dance?"

I raised my brows, "I said I'm in a hurry," I made emphasis on the latter word, then I made to walk away but he grabbed my hand.

"What of your number?"

I glowered at his hand on mine, he seemed to notice so he let go of my hand, just as I made to decline, I heard Mama D's voice.

"K.Y?" She called with surprise laced in her tone.

I walked up to her with a huge smile on my face, "Mama D," I greeted.

"Oh, K.Y, I didn't know you were around, you look so beautiful," she accessed my body and I returned it with a smile, then we both entered her office.

After exchanging pleasantries and a little chit chat, I left her office to go back to the club. Gabriel and Clinton were still on the dance floor while Tise was at the same place I left him still drinking but this time he looked tipsy.