chapter 22

I couldn't go to church because of the preparation for Kike's birthday which would be coming up later in the afternoon, though there wasn't much to do but Kike insisted Keyshia and I stay with her instead of going to church and we had no choice than to do that.

I walked out of the room in order to call Keyshia who had left the room for over an hour, I wonder where she could be but my question was answered when I saw her curled up on the chair in the living room pressing her phone with full attention.

She didn't notice my presence, so I tiptoed to her side and poked my head to see what she was doing, the first thing I saw was 'I love you too' Ehn?

"K.Y," Keyshia shouted just as I made to shout.

"What!" I shouted in return before she dropped her phone by her side.

"You were invading my privacy," she accused and I scoffed.

"Indeed, who were you chatting with?" I stood akimbo and she pursed her lips.

"It's none of your concern," she responded grudgingly and I clapped.

"You were telling someone you loved him too and you expect that not to be my concern," I chided and she hissed.

"How sure are you that it's a boy?" She eyed me and I scoffed a laugh.

"I'm stupid right?"

She waved her palm, "Whatever, I was chatting with a guy, so?"

I shook my head, "So, Keyshia you have a boyfriend and you didn't bother to tell me? Is Kike aware?" I accused this time with a guilt tripping voice.

She flattered her lashes, "Kike is aware, I didn't tell you because I know you might scold me, you believe I'm still a baby and I'll be fifteen in two months."

I opened my mouth to respond but Kike's voice impeded me.

"What's going on?"

"So, Kike you know Keyshia has a boyfriend and you're encouraging her," I attacked and Kike smiled before walking up to me.

"Is it a crime? Anyway, it's almost time for the party, let's go get dressed so we won't be late to our party," she rose to her feet and dragged Keyshia along. I sighed before shaking my head, then I went to the room.

Keyshia's glare was the first thing that greeted me immediately I entered the room, I knew I'd offended her 'cause she wasn't someone to get angry that easily but then I was only looking out for her.

"Are you angry?" I questioned but she didn't reply me but rather dropped her green sequin gown on the bed.

I moved closer to her and tickled her, she dashed me a glare at first but soon surrendered as laugh gurgled out of her mouth.

"Sorry, you hear? I was only looking out for you," I told her and she nodded.

"I'm no longer a kid though," she insisted and I smiled.

"I know, I just don't want you to end up like Kike," I explained my worries and she nodded.

"I won't, I promise," she assured and I smiled before enveloping her in a hug.

"So, tell me about this boyfriend of yours."

A shy smile appeared on her voice before we heard Kike's voice telling us to hurry up.

"I'll tell you later, let's get dressed first before your sister starts screaming," she joked and I brought out my gown, it was the same as hers, the only difference was the slit in mine. Thank goodness, Kike picked out a decent cloth for us this time.

Couple of minutes later, we joined her in the living room, she was also in the same gown but would change into two other different clothes during the course of the party, we stepped out of the house only to see Gbohunmi smiling at us.

"Is he going with us?" I whispered to Kike who nodded before enveloping him in a hug while Keyshia and I shared a look.

"Good afternoon ladies," he greeted us after retrieving from the hug.

"Good afternoon," we responded in unison before he led us to his car.

Throughout the ride, Keyshia gisted me about her boyfriend while Kike and Gbohunmi conversed. On getting there, the decorations and arrangements of the hall left me in awe before we eventually took our seats on the first table.

I chatted my friends asking when they would come, after receiving their response, I went over to the catering service before Kike called us over to do our make-up. Not quite long people started trooping in and in a matter of minutes, the hall became full.

I sighted my friends immediately they walked in and waved, they were quick to notice my hand so they walked over to my table. Juliana was in Emerald green off shoulder gown while Crystal was in the blue version of it, I'd actually bought it for them last week.

"Hey, this is grand," Crystal gushed as her eyes roamed about the hall.

"Remind me your sister's age," Juliana added and I laughed.

"Twenty-one," Keyshia commented and that was when Juliana noticed her, she turned to her with a big smile before enveloping her in a bone crushing hug.

Keyshia soon withdrew from the hug as she had to pick up her friends outside, while my eyes followed her movement, it landed on Tise and Tumi before resting on Amara and Karen, anger boiled in me that instant. Why were they here?

I saw all of them walk to another table which occupied Gbohunmi and a young lady whom I quickly recognized to be Gbemi. Wait, did they know one other? My question was answered when they hugged one another.

"What are you looking at?" Juliana questioned and I glanced at her before pointing at their table.

"Oh, they're here too," Crystal commented before I faced her.

"Is Gbohunmi related to Tise?"

She bobbed her head, "Yeah, he's Gbemi's elder brother."

"What!"

"And that's their father coming in, why is he here?"

I swung my gaze to the direction of her hand and almost fainted upon seeing who their father was. Shit is about to go down.

I rose to my feet in order to inform Kike but the MC announced the opening of the party and I saw Gbohunmi disappear to the room Kike was. They both walked out some minutes later as clap reverberated round the hall, Kike looked so stunning in her cloth with her hand wrapped around Gbohunmi's hand, they looked so good together but then it was bound to only last for a short time, that's if it doesn't end today.

After that, the party started fully. I was devouring my roasted chicken when I saw Kike's former colleague troop in along with Mama D, with the way they were dressed, it was obvious they only came to ruin the party. How did they even know about it?

Unfortunately, they didn't ruin the party until the end but the show that went down after the party was disastrous. Kike ended up going home with teary eyes and that made me question if did love Gbohunmi or because she would lose from both sides.

Both from his father and him.

So sorry for the late update, things have been so hectic but then I'll make up with triple updates. Hope I'm forgiven?

Comment your thoughts on this chapter and don't forget to vote.