chapter 12

"You don't look good," Kike started while I stepped into her house. Am I that obvious? I've been so angry since last night though the anger died down after chatting with Juliana and Crystal but I was still sad, Zayd didn't even bother contacting me at all.

Thank God Tise and his friends were still sound asleep when I went up to ask for his breakfast if not the fury might have rekindled, so, I just prepared Jollof rice and served it on his table.

"Is anything wrong?" Kike inquired as she followed me to her living room, I shook my head before sitting on her chaise longue.

"You don't need to deny it, you're always bubbly, did anything happen in the past few days?"

I shook my head and she crossed her legs, "Hmm, are they treating you badly at your work place, you know you can always quit it..."

I cut in, "And fall back to you? No, and they're not treating me badly at my workplace."

She folded her arms, "Then what's it?" Then she fixed her gaze on my face like someone who wanted to read my look.

"Or..." A mocking smile appeared on her face, "Did you break up with Zayd?"

I glowered at her and she erupted into a thunderous laughter, it wasn't surprising so far she never liked Zayd, she always considered him to be a boy and according to her, I needed a man; someone that could take care of me not some peasant as she fondly called him. Kike wasn't someone who hid something so Zayd was aware of her hatred and it was mutual too.

"We didn't break up, it was only a misunderstanding," I corrected and she eventually stopped laughing.

"Indeed, is that why you look sad? That boy doesn't deserve it at all, so, cheer up," she tickled me and I scowled at her.

She folded her arms under her bossom which was in full display under her black net top which didn't have any clothing underneath.

"So, what's this misunderstanding about?"

"It's something stupid."

"Tell me the stupid thing," she demanded and I decided to tell her. Throughout my narration, she kept on snickering.

"What's your relationship with that Tise?" She inquired and I eyed her.

"What sort of question is that? Is he not my boss?"

She bobbed her head, "Yeah, I get, anyway, let me give you my own advice."

I knew what she would say would be stupid but nevertheless I decided to listen, you never can tell but then Kike didn't surprise me 'cause she ended up giving me a stupid advice.

"So far Zayd claimed he doesn't want anything doing with you, just leave the idiot alone, he never deserved you from the start, so, now, I think you should make a move on your boss, he's a rich kid right?"

The heat that radiated from the glare I gave her almost made the cool room turn to a heater.

"Can you hear yourself?"

"What's bad in what I said? It's the best advice ever."

"Indeed," I scoffed, "Why did you call me here in the first place?"

A bright smile appeared on her face and she readjusted her sitting position instantly, "Three things," she pointed three of her fingers at me and I made to grab it but she withdrew it quickly.

"So?" I opened my palm in demand.

"First, babe decided to throw me a party for my 21st birthday," she grinned and I folded my arms.

"Who is babe?"

She rolled her eyes, "My boyfriend."

"Or your sugar daddy?"

"Whatever," she gave a dismissive wave of her hand before continuing, "So, he's going to send me a huge amount of money for the party and I'm not ready to pay any event planner or caterer, the money is only meant for me."

"So?"

"So, I want you and I to plan the party."

"I'm not an event planner," I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"I know that but we can do it together, that aside, I want you to cater for the food."

"What!" I shrieked and she smiled at me.

"You're a good cook, everyone knows that, don't let your talent go to waste ehn, just help me," she smiled convincingly and I shook my head.

"Stop being unreasonable, even if I agree, won't we buy the food and ingredients and do you think I'll do it for free, stop being a thief, just find a good caterer and event planner, I'm sure the money would be more than enough," I reasoned and she hissed. She stayed quiet for some minutes before talking.

"Ehn, can you help me look for one that won't charge much?"

"Sure."

"Good, thank you," she made to jump on me but I dodged her quickly. She eyed me before resuming to her normal sitting position.

"So, what's the second thing?"

Her face stretched to a smile before she talked, " I need you to accompany me for shopping, I need to shop for groceries and you'll prepare our lunch and dinner," Her outstretched smile turned to a pleading one.

"Okay, but on one condition though."

She creased her brows, "What?"

"I need to buy a cloth for the birthday I'll be attending tomorrow."

She batted her lashes, "Whose birthday is that and when did you start attending parties?"

"Gbemi," Her face showed she wanted more explanation which I did.

"Oh, so, can't you wear any of the clothes I bought for you?"

"They're too revealing."

"But..."

"No, but," I cut in and she eyed me before agreeing.

"And the third thing?"

She sighed before replying, "Keyshia had a little crisis yesterday."

"What!" My eyes widened that instant and she gave a thin smile.

"And you're just telling me that? How did it happen? Didn't she use her drugs? And you allowed her to attend school today?" I queried in infuriation and she pursed her lips.

"You don't have to get worked up over it, she's okay now and she insisted she had to go to school, there was nothing I could do about it, Keyshia is a grown-up too."

I glared at her before responding, "Did she use her drugs according to prescription?"

"Of course," she bobbed her head and I sighed. We stayed in absolute silence for some minutes before Kike broke the ice.

"Don't you think we should go for shopping before it's late?"

I nodded and she got up to change her cloth into a pink mini gown; one that was just as revealing as the one she put off.

We decided to first shop for my cloth before going to the supermarket, after spending almost an hour at the mall, I settled on a black high-neck maxi gown before heading to the supermarket.

I was shopping for toiletries when my eyes caught sight of a guy approaching Kike who was only looking around the supermarket. They talked for some minutes while Kike kept on smiling and laughing, immediately he left, I turned to her with questions written all over my face.

"His name is Gbohunmi," she said with a huge smile.

"I hope you're not planning to date him Sha?"

She shrugged, "He's a big fish."