chapter 29

Laying supine on my bed, I tossed to the side of my bed for the umpeenth time with the textbook in hand. Ever since we returned from the tutorial, I'd been trying so hard to prepare for the physics test we'll be having tomorrow but I just couldn't grasp anything, it felt as if my brain was dead and I was getting bored.

Crystal and Juliana weren't back from Ziba's place yet and it was making me more bored. I should have just followed them when they begged me but then I knew there was no way I could spend my time playing around like them, none of them had physics to deal with, Crystal was in arts and Juliana won't be writing it in her JAMB and I believe reducing the closeness between Ziba and I was the best, I wouldn't want him thinking I was leading him on. Gosh! Why did they have to include my least favorite subject in the combination?

I sat down again after seeing lying down wasn't working then I picked up my pen and tried to solve some problems, half an hour into it, I knew I was just doing rubbish, funny enough I understood the whole thing while the teacher was explaining in it class and I even got two of the five class exercise we had but it seemed like the whole thing ended there.

I heard the door open slowly and I raised my head to see Tumi peeping into the room, her eyes met mine and she smiled before entering the room.

"Hi." She closed the door behind her.

"Hi," I greeted as she approached me.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything?" She queried as she sat at the edge of my bed and I shook my head.

"No, not at all."

She glanced at the book and textbooks spread over the bed before returning her focus to me.

"Is that physics?" She questioned and I nodded before closing the books.

"Yeah, I'm tired already," I packed the textbooks.

"Physics is always tiring but Tise finds it fun, he helps me with it most of the time and if you have any problem with it, you can just go to him," she told me and I shook my head before dumping the textbooks by the side of my bed.

"I can deal with it," I assured her and she bobbed her head.

"But if you have any problems with it, I can take you to my brother," she offered and I smiled at her.

"Thanks but don't worry."

"Okay," she nodded before raising her past questions which she'd been hiding behind her earlier.

"I need your help with this particular topic, I've been having problems with every questions related to it, just like this one," she pointed at the question and I collected the book from her and glanced through it, it was a question on organic chemistry.

"Oh, many do have problems with it but I think it'll be better I teach you the whole thing from the scratch," I raised my head and she moved closer to me.

"I don't mind, I'm free throughout the evening," she answered and I nodded.

"That'll be good then, let me take the jotter I used in secondary school," I told her as I got down from the bed and she scrunched her brows.

"You still have them?" She queried with incredulity in her voice and I nodded before bending down to search for it.

"Yeah, I do. I only graduated last year and chemistry is so dear to me," I pulled out the jotter from the pile of books and her eyes widened.

"Wow, I don't even have the books I used last term," she said and I smiled.

"It's fine."

"Anyway, are you sure I'm not disturbing your study though? It looked like you have an exam tomorrow," she joked and I smiled.