chapter 21

"So, that's it," I concluded before dropping the pen and she nodded.

"Thanks," she gave me a small smile.

"So, can you attempt this questions?" I picked up my phone and she bobbed her head.

"Yeah, you can sit on my bed while I solve the questions," she offered and I rose to my feet before sitting on her queen-size bed.

Her room was just as big as Tise's but it was painted in purple with different pictures and paintings of her hung on the wall and that made her room look like an art gallery.

I was chatting with Keyshia when Tise's message entered and I ignored it, I wonder why I didn't see the need to respond to his messages since last night. I heard the door open and I raised my head only to see Amara step into the room.

I arched my brows and wondered if she slept here last night, I mean it was still so early in the morning. Tise entered after her and he flashed me a smile which I didn't return.

"Hey," Amara waved at me with that her sweet smile, I couldn't respond because she walked over to Tumi, not like I intended to do that before.

While she conversed with Tumi, Tise requested a minute with me, I felt reluctant at first but soon joined him outside Tumi's room.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey back," I responded and he chuckled. Was it funny?

"Are you angry at me?"

I raised my brows, "What made you think that way?"

He gave a half shrug, "You didn't reply my messages and you're frowning right now."

Am I? "I'm not angry."

"Are you sure?"

I opened my mouth to respond but Karen walked pass us with a suspicious look, I eyed her before Amara came out of Tumi's room.

"Tise, we have to get going," she told him before draping her hand around his shoulder, I eyed her hand and wondered where they could he going so early on a Saturday morning.

"Okay, see you later," Tise led the way while Amara waved at him, I glared at their retreating figure before entering Tumi's room.Tise entered after her and he flashed me a smile which I didn't return.

She was on a call with Clinton when I returned, it was obvious because she was smiling so hard, I assumed my seat on her bed and she dropped the call minutes later.

"Can I get this done later?" She tapped her pen on her book with a pleading eyes.

"Sure, but why?"

A bright smile appeared on her face, "I'm going on a date with Clinton, can you help me pick a cloth while I shower?"

No wonder. I wonder if Amara and Tise went out for a date too.

"Do I really need to pick out a cloth for you? I mean you're the fashionista here."

"It doesn't mean, just help me with it, hmm," she skipped into the bathroom even before I could bar an eyelid or respond her. I chuckled to myself before standing up, it was Crystal clear that the door facing the entrance led to her wardrobe, so, I got up and triapsed to her walk-in wardrobe.

It looked so colorful and was just as big as my room back in Starlight, I could see my reflection fr the mirror, after admiring and smiling at myself, my eyes caught sight of the shoe rack beside the mirror and I marveled at the number of footwears there but the number of bags I saw actually beat the footwears and the clothes just seemed like she own a boutique, like life is just so fair to some people.

The clothes were just so beautiful so I found it hard to pick one, after looking around for some minutes, I eventually settled on a short wine off shoulder gown that had a small slit. It was while I was coming out of the wardrobe that she also stepped out of the bathroom, after showing her the dress, she thanked me before I sauntered back to my room.

"I must get a boyfriend," I heard Juliana say as I entered the room.

"Ehn, what did you say?" I queried and they both swung their gazes to me, they'd been so engrossed in their discussion that they didn't notice my entrance in the room judging from the look on their faces.

A smile formed on Juliana's lips as I joined them on her bed.

"So, you want to get a boyfriend?" I wriggled my brows at her and her smile increased.

"We were just talking about the JAMB lesson and Juliana said she must get a boyfriend during the course of the lesson," Crystal explained, I looked away from her and turned back to Juliana.

"So, it's because of boyfriend that you want to attend the lesson," I teased and she eyed me.

"Of course not but it's part of it sha," she smiled sheepishly and I shook my head.

"What of you?" Crystal directed the question at me as she faced him while Juliana adjusted her sitting position too.

"What about me?"

"Are you going to the lesson only to learn?" Juliana queried and I bobbed my head.

"Of course, what other reason will there be? We haven't even registered at any place and you're already planning."

"And so?" Crystal and Juliana uttered in unison, they glanced at each other before bursting into laughter.

"So, you won't get a boyfriend abi?" My best friend asked after they stopped laughing.

"Yeah, I'm not ready to deal with another Zayd in my life, we should focus on getting admitted into the university first," I concluded and Juliana eyed me warily.

I received a message from Kike telling me she was back home then I decided to inform Tise I'll be spending the night at her place, tomorrow was Kike's birthday and she needed me.

Hey, I forgot to tell you the other time that'll be passing the night at my sister's place, tomorrow is her party remember?

His response didn't come in quick as I expected, normally he would have responded that instant but today was different. Was Amara really taking up his time that much?

I got up from Juliana's bed after telling them I'll be staying at Kike's place, it was while I was getting prepared that Tise's reply came in.

Sure, I don't think I'll be returning home tonight too. Have a good day.

I read the message twice before I could finally understand. Why would he spend the night outside his home? Would he be staying with Amara? Different thoughts tumbled in my head before I chided my self for overthinking. How does it concern me if she spends the night with Amara? I hissed and my friends turned to ask if I was okay.

I got to Kike's place few minutes later and met Gbohunmi at her place, after greeting him, I headed to Keyshia's room and noticed she was asleep.

I slept by her side and played candy crush on my phone, even with the sound, Keyshia didn't wake up. Over an hour later, Kike called me to the living room after Gbohunmi left.