chapter 31

Chapter 31
TISE

A knock from the door brought me out of my trance and I got up from the bed to answer the door. Opening it slightly, Crystal smiled at me and I gave her a questioning look.

"Mom told me to ask you for what you'll like for dinner," she started and I scrunched my brows.

"Why?"

"K.Y isn't around and..."

I cut her short, "What do you mean by that?"

"Her sister got hospitalized and she has to stay with her since their elder sister isn't in town," she explained and I squeezed my face.

"What happened to her?"

"She's SS."

"Oh," I mouthed. It must have been so hard on her.

"So, what do you want for dinner?"

"Bread and Tea." I closed the door after that and returned to my bed. Picking up my phone I placed a call to K.Y but she didn't pick up.

The door opened again and I swung my gaze up to see Tumi and Gbemi strolling into my room. I didn't miss the sombre expression on Gbemi's face and that made me wonder what could be wrong.

"Gbemi, are you okay?" I questioned and she shook her head and they both sat on my bed.

"She found out her boyfriend has been using her all this while," Tumi started and I scrunched my brows.

"What do you mean?" I glanced at Gbemi who still had that cheerless expression on her face.

"Turns out the guy never liked her, he was only after her money and the dumb Gbemi was too gullible, she kept on giving him every amount he required," Tumi hissed and I faced Gbemi as a friend marred her face.

"I'm not dumb," Gbemi claimed and Tumi gave a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Tumi, you're only adding salt to the injury." I turned back to Gbemi before continuing, "So, how did you find out?"

"I caught him with my best friend and at first Zayn tried explaining but my best friend cut him off and made me realize he was only using me. He's a fuckboy who jumps from one girl to another, I just can't believe I was so stupid not to realize," she squeezed her face and I nodded.

"It's okay. You've ended things with him, right?" I inquired and she bobbed her head.

"I've learnt my lesson and I'll make sure he pays every dime I gave him," she replied in a stern tone and I creased my brows.

"You shouldn't do that. Just forget about it," I told her and she shook her head.

"I'm..."

Tumi cut her short, "Forget it. You don't need it and I'm certain he's at loss now."

Gbemi wanted to talk but the sound from her phone impeded her and glancing at it, she raised her head before talking, "I'll see you guys later."

She rushed out of my room after that and Tumi talked, "Do you know he cheated on K.Y with Gbemi?"

I arched my brows. "What are you saying?"

She adjusted her sitting position.

"K.Y was his main girlfriend before he met Gbemi when he got to the university, they broke up when K.Y found out," she explained and I creased my brows. No wonder I saw them together the last time, the guy must be an asshole. Was he trying to get back with her? That would be so absurd and...

The sound from Tumi's phone interrupted my thoughts and I looked at her as she brought out her phone from her skirt pocket and a smile appeared on her face. Obviously, Clinton.