chapter 6

TISE

A knock interrupted my concentration and I wondered who it could be before dropping my laptop by my side, it couldn't be my sister because she always barged into my room and none of my friends informed me they would be coming, it was probably one of the workers.

I opened the door gently and my eyes met with the last person I wanted to see.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Tise, we need to talk," my mom uttered and I scoffed.

"I have nothing to say to you," I deadpanned and she shook her head. I could see Tumi approaching us down the stairs.

"I have something to say to you," she pointed out.

"Well, I don't," I shouted before slamming my door at her face. Gosh! Why did she have to come again? I ran my hands across my face in frustration before walking back to my work space. Picking up my laptop, I tried to concentrate but her thoughts kept on coming and it was getting me riled up, I shut my eyes for some seconds and exhaled before picking up my laptop then I was able to concentrate well.

Few seconds later, a knock sounded on the door and I presumed it was Tumi so far I'd seen her earlier. But then Tumi doesn't knock unless she just changed, I ignored it knowing she was the one but she knocked again, maybe she was waiting for my response, but what made her change?

"Come in," I permitted and I heard the door open seconds later. I whirled my chair to the direction of the door with my laptop on my laps, I expected her to walk up to me in her usual characteristic manner but I didn't get such reaction, wondering what could be wrong, I decided to lift my head only for my eyes to come in contact with a light skinned girl dressed in the same blue uniform as the workers.

Recognition dawned on me, saying I was shocked was an understatement. Seeing the same girl I received a slap from few days back in my room was more than astounding. What was she doing here and why was she dressed in our worker's uniform?

"You..." I heard her say with a surprise-filled tone.

"What are you doing here?" I queried.

"I should be asking that, oh, are you the infamous Small Oga?" she asked with the shock still evident and I nodded.

"Yeah, I am."

She was taken aback, "How is that possible?"

I shrugged, "Why are you here anyway and most of all dressed in the same uniform as our workers, last I checked, you work at Starlight."

The shock reduced on her face before she replied , "I just got employed here few days back," then she lowered her voice, "I can't believe the same pervert I slapped is my boss."

I squeezed my face, "I already clarified that, I'm not a pervert, I was drunk that day okay?"

She pursed her lips before muttering, "I can't believe this."

"Anyway, why are you in my room?"

She straightened up before replying, "The chef told me you called for me."

"Wait, you're the new worker that prepared my meal?"

She bobbed her head, "Yeah, I am, are you going to fire me?"

I smiled, "No, I only wanted to know the person."

I didn't miss the surprise and relief that flashed through her face, "Why?"

"I wanted to commend the person, I enjoyed the meal and I wanted her to be my personal cook," I explained and she fluttered her lashes.

"Wow and I was here thinking you wanted to fire me."