chapter 13

Just as we neared the building, noise filled our ears and immediately we entered, we could see people of class walking here and there in their graceful clothes. Thank goodness I bought a new cloth, if not, I'll have looked out of place.

Juliana was dressed in a yellow sun dress that made her look big even though she was as thin as ice, I'd gifted her the cloth during her last birthday and I must say she looked stunning in the cloth but I wouldn't dare say it to her if not her head would start swelling.

Crystal on the other hand was in a purple glinham dress that accentuated her voluptuous body. Crystal was the most well-endowed person I'd ever seen, she had a hourglass figure and a very beautiful skin complimented with a pretty face. Even though Like and others do tell me I had a face and body that would make any body fall at my feet, I still believed I was after Crystal.

A slender lady who was probably an usher or waitress ushered us to a round table at a corner where we could see everything that was going on. We took our seats while she left to attend to other people.

"This place is magnificent," Juliana commented.

"It's not different from other buildings in this estate, just the decorations and the spacing for this party made it bigger," I countered and she nodded in agreement.

"But this party is colorful," Crystal said and I nodded before looking around the place, teenagers were scattered around dancing to the music coming from the DJ who was at a far end.

Not quite long the usher that left earlier approached us with a tray filled with small chops and fruit juice. She left after taking our orders and Tumi joined us.

"Hi girls," she flashed a smile at each one of us and we smiled in return.

While I ate the puff puff, my eyes still roamed around until it landed on the guy that had approached Kike yesterday when we went out shopping at the supermarket. He was seated with Tise and his friends.

Deciding to ask about him, I turned to Tumi who was beside me taking selfies.

"Is that guy your brother's friend?"I pointed at the guy while Tumi glanced at me before following my hand.

"Oh, Gbohunmi?" She turned to me with a smile and I nodded.

"He's my cousin, Gbemi's elder brother," she explained and I opened my mouth to reply only for the waitress to interrupt us with our food.

She served us Jollof rice, plantain and chicken before taking Tumi's order, then she left. While eating, the entrance of the celebrant was announced, so, we had to stand up to welcome her.

As she stepped out, claps reverberated the compound. She was dressed elegantly in a pink flowing gown with a wide grin plastered on her face, looking away from her, I turned to look at her escort and met the biggest shock in my life.

There was Zayd holding Gbemi's hand with a huge smile on his face, he...

"Isn't Gbemi so stunning?" Tumi interrupted my observation and I nodded.

"And her boyfriend is so handsome, they look so good together," she gushed and I fluttered my lashes before glancing at Tumi then back at Gbemi and Zayd who were smiling joyfully.

"Her boyfriend?" I questioned after overcoming the shock and she nodded while we all sat down.

"Yeah, they've been dating for like six months now and I really admire their love," she explained and I scoffed internally.

Boyfriend? So, Juliana's guess was actually right. He'd been cheating on me yet he was trying to push it to me. I sighed before glancing at Juliana who was opposite me, she flashed me with a thin smile to show she heard what Tumi said.

"Yeah," she led me into the house and the visitor's toilet while she stayed in the living room.

After completing my business, we headed out of the house and just as we got to the entrance, Zayd walked in. Our eyes met and he stood rooted with surprise spelt over his face.

"What are you doing here?" He finally had to courage to question while I scoffed.

"I should be asking you that," I fired back and his face crinkled.

"What do you mean? This is my..." He shut up after realizing he'd almost split the beans while I scoffed a laugh.

"Your girlfriend's place right?"

He blinked his eyes before replying, "What do you mean? I came here to..."

I raised my palm to cut him short, "To do what? To be your baby's escort right? There's no need to lie, you ended things between us two days ago right? Well, it can't be possible."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You can't break up with me, there's no way you can end things between us," I clarified while Crystal pinched me to stop.

"What are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is that you don't have the right to because I never offended you, you are the cause of the break up so I'll be the one to break up with you."

He let out a hiss while I chuckled, "It's obvious you're only dating Gbemi for her money and it's such a pity that she isn't aware and there is no way I can tell her because she's my helper, but you can't get away with this, you spindle legged toad," I hit him with my silver purse; one I'd inherited from my mom, certainly it would create a gash on his face.

Hissing scathingly, I pushed him out of my way and walked out hurriedly while Crystal hurried to catch up with me.

"I admire the way you handled the whole situation, if it were me, I would have started crying," she said while I forced a smile.

"He isn't worth it."

She nodded  then we walked back to our seat. While Crystal went on narrating the happening to Juliana, all I did was stuff my mouth with food in order not to dwell on my sadness.

It was certain I'll constipate or purge tonight. Zayd is such a baboon and now it's a bye to boyfriend matter in my life. I'll be locking my heart, not like it was easy to open it before so I'll just focus on my job and my education in order to achieve my dream of becoming a teacher.