78) Eye Eye

"You're gonna be just fine," the doctor assured her as he placed a bandage over Stasia's eye.

    "Thank-"

    "You're kidding me right," Bakugou interrupted.

    "Excuse me?"

    "Her damn eye was dangling out of its socket, her whole cornea had melted off, it was nasty."

    "Okay," Stasia muttered, "that's enough."

    "I understand your concerns. But with modern medicine, she'll be just fine," he promised Bakugou and he brushed it off. "Now, Nastasia, there was some internal bodily damage but that will heal in about a week. Since you produce lightning yourself, there shouldn't be any long-lasting damage. As for the strangle marks, we'll get you some cream upon discharge, any allergies to ointments?"

    "No."

    "Okay great, and what color do you want your eye to be?"

    "Pardon?"

    "Your right eye, I see it's purple now, but your left is split halfway-"

    "They change back," Stasia told him, now on the defense.

    "Yes, but I doubt this right one will go back to brown. So what color do you want your eye to be?"

    "What do you mean what color I want it to be? I have contacts if I wanted-"

    "Nastasia, we're gonna have to remove it."

    "What?"

    "Eyes are extremely sensitive and the damage to yours is beyond repair."

    "I can still see out of it-"

    "For now. At best your vision is going to come and go randomly until you are completely blind on that side. If you're lucky it won't be a painful experience. But most likely, it's gonna hurt, and overall be an inconvenience, especially during combat."

    Stasia turned to Bakugou whose face was just as shocked as hers.

    "Nastasia," the doctor paused, "what color?"

    ***

    "I think it looks badass," Kirishima complimented.

    "You look dumb," Bakugou promised.

    "So cool!" Eri gushed, with wide eyes.

    "Is it itchy?" Midoriya worried.

    "Holy shit," Karaminari exclaimed loudly as he entered the common room to everyone crowding around Stasia, "you look like a pirate!"

    There were two options. Get a brown glass eye or a purple glass eye. Stasia chose option three; get an eyepatch. She wanted to wait before she made the decision, and she wanted to be further out of the storm when she did. At least now, she didn't even have to use her quirk to buy herself more time.