32) Lie

Stasia sat on the couch and waited for Kana to come back with the tea. Kana was not biologically related to Aizawa, however, they were high school friends and she just stuck around after that. That led to meeting Stasia once she was adopted and a bond naturally formed, through their shared resistance to use their quirks. A year after she would finally refer to her as her aunt and whenever she needed a place to escape, she was always there.

"So what happened?" Kana asked, as she set down the cup in front of Stasia and sat in the chair across from her.

"I'm on a mission and I needed a place to stay."

"Okay, and the mission is three hours away from school?"

"Well there's not really a specific location-"

"So then something happened."

"Nothing happened-"

"Stasia, no one just leaves home by themselves for a mission."

"The mission is real."

"I believe it is. You're always welcome, but why are you here?"

"I need to stop my parents."

"No, they're not-"

"Biologically, yeah. And I can't call myself a hero if I don't catch them. You know what they're capable of."

"That's not your job to catch-"

"Except it is, it's not like I haven't been doing this for years. Just this time is a little more personal."

"Too personal?"

"No, at least I don't think so. I mean they gave me up pretty quickly, and it's not like I remember everything from when I was a toddler."

"Sure. I still think there should be someone else on the case."

"Who better than me? I mean they've been messing with me since I got to UA so obviously they want something from me."

"And what if they want you?" Kana asked and Stasia shortly laughed, "Then they're gonna have to try a hell of a lot harder than making me throw up lightning."

"Don't sound so smug, Shota told me what happens to your veins too."

"Oh, that? It tickles."

"You're insane."

"So you say." She smiled and finally took a sip of tea, "Jasmine."

"Mhmm. So you have a boyfriend yet?" Kana rapidly changed the subject yet Stasia remained unphased.

"No."

"Well there has to be someone, your phone has been going off this whole time."

"Really? Didn't notice." She set down her cup then picked up her phone. Her screen was flooded with messages from her classmates. Midoriya had sent her multiple, though Kirishima had him beat by a landslide. Todoroki texted twice while Bakugou only sent one, which was more of a threat than anything else. She placed her phone back down on the table, face up.

"Kiri?"

"A friend."

"A boy-"

"He happens to be a boy, no we are not dating and we never will."
"But is he cute? Because then that answer might change." Kana teased and Stasia got up off of the couch.

"I'm going to bed." She announced and just as she got to the guest room doorway Kana called, "Stasia?"

"Yes?"

"Kiri? Did he say something to you?"
"What-"

"Stasia, why are you here?" She asked again.

"I told you-"

"I know what you told me. I hope you'll tell me the truth next."

Stasia paused, "Goodnight, Auntie."
"Goodnight Stas'."

She walked into the guest room then closed the door behind her. She had been away for longer than she remembered. The last color it was, had to have been pink and now the walls were drenched in mint green. She turned to the bathroom that was connected and decided it would be best to shower before going to sleep.

Her hair hung heavy as it was still soaking wet and she could feel her neck growing sticky from the moisture. In her towel, she made her way over to the dresser and pulled out the pajamas her aunt would always have for her, just in case. She tied her hair back in a bun, that she would regret in the morning and finally laid down on the bed. She glanced over to the nightstand to find her phone that Kana must have returned while she was in the shower. While she still felt awake, she thought now would be a good time to respond to at least some messages. She grabbed her phone and clicked the button to turn it on and- nothing. What a perfect time for her phone to die.

"I'll do it tomorrow." She sighed. She went to sleep with the intention of charging it in the morning, only to wake up in a hurry and leave it on the nightstand.