12) Premonition

TW: cursing, implied topics of abuse & mentions of bruises (let me know if I missed anything) overall, All For One sucks

Stasia didn't get any sleep that night. Instead, she lied awake and thought about all the moments from her past.

***

    She was curled up next to Kane as Akari, the oldest of the three tried her best to shield her siblings. The henchmen stared them down waiting for the first one to budge so he could grab them. "Come on kids we do this every time, I'm not the one who's gonna hurt you."

    "Leave us alone!" Akari ordered gripping Stasia a little tighter. After all, it wasn't Akari who was next.

    "You know that what the boss wants, the boss gets. And today he wants you to get a new little quirk. You should be grateful. "

    "I don't want any more!" Stasia cried.

    "It's just one more-"

    "She already has too many, she's too young. Just give it to me!"

    "Now Akari don't be so selfish. It's Nora's turn."

    "I already told you-"

    "Look, I'll tell you this, she can get up like a big girl or, I can take her, either way, she's coming with me. You have to the count of three. One-"

    "Akari I don't wanna go!"
    "Two-"

    "Just stop time!"

    "I don't know how-"

    "Three!" Quickly he yanked Stasia out of her sister's hold with ease, violently dragging her along and ignored the pleas of the other two. "Shut up!" She did as she was told, the burned feeling of this grip on her arm overtaking all of her thoughts. The rough concrete scraped against her already bruised legs. She kept trying to stand back up but he was moving too fast for her to keep up. Soon she was thrown on the ground in the room that was all too familiar. 'The Gift Room'.

    "Nora." She shivered at the way her name curled off of his tongue. "I have a surprise for you."

    "I- I - don't-"

    "You get two quirks today, aren't you special?" She frantically backed up trying to escape only to hit her back against the door. "Where are you going?" She shook her head and before she buried it in between her knees.

    "Use your words."

    "I don't want the quirks."

    "Oh, well, it's a good thing I didn't ask."

    Stasia wrapped her arms around herself as she all but limped back to her siblings. Akari rushed towards her immediately and Kane followed after. The way they enveloped her in an embrace left her skin exposed to nothing. Her body shook as she sobbed silently. They stayed like that for a little bit. When she finally pulled away she aggressively wiped her tears away and looked down to avoid facing anyone.

    "What happened?"

    "Sixteen."

    "No, but you're only supposed-"

    "I know. I have sixteen." She said as she wiped the blood off that had dripped down her face.

***

    "What are you thinking?" Nighteye asked as Stasia sat silently at the other end of the table.

    "Worst-case scenario the girl's already dead. Or, she's on the brink of death, or she's just barely surviving. I think it's the latter. The only reason supervillains want kids is because they have something they don't, it would be a stupid move to get rid of her."

    "Right. What's your current condition?"

    "My lightning is burned out at the moment and it won't be back in time for the mission. My other quirks are fine but they're not as strong nor do I have as much control so I'm vulnerable at the moment, therefore I won't be much use to you, but I can make someone who is."    
    "Good."

    She sat back in her chair and within a few minutes, she watched a swarm of pro-heroes enter and fill the seats surrounding her. She didn't really know most of them but she felt that she should have. If she were being honest she zoned out a lot during the meeting. The burnout combined with the news made everything grow fuzzy. She swore it was yesterday when Midoriya was asking how to even get a work-study and now all too quickly things shifted drastically to a rescue mission that should have already happened. Her mind wandered on what was happening to the girl right now and her uncertainty made her heart wrench. She just wanted the girl to be safe but until then she wanted someone to blame. Good thing she wasn't short on people. The meeting closed and everyone stood around for a couple of minutes. Stasia, however, quickly got up to leave only for Midoriya to stop her.

    "Stasia where are you-"

    "You've had your work-study for two days and you already fucked up?"

    "I-"

    "And Mirio, did you even try?"

    "What?"

    "So that's a no?" Once again she went to leave only to be stopped, again.

    "Electrosia, stay behind!"

    "Yes sir." The room finally cleared and she was left alone with her father and Nighteye.

    "I believe you know what I'm going to ask."

    "She's not-"

    "Dad." She stopped him. "Please continue sir."

    "You're young. I don't entirely feel comfortable with this for a multitude of reasons but I would not ask if I didn't feel it was necessary."

    "I understand."

    "Eraserhead?"

    "She's my daughter."

    "Dad, please."

    "If she doesn't come back." He warned but tempered his frustration and swallowed his pride. "She can go." The two got up and Aizawa wrapped his arm around his daughter, afraid she would slip through the cracks of the floor if he didn't. "I don't like this."

    "I know. But I'll be fine, he was always scared of me remember?"

    "Just be careful."

    "Yeah, I always am."

    "That would be a lie." Stasia softly smiled and stopped walking for a moment to face him before she leaped up to hug him tightly.

    "I love you, dad."   

"Love you too." She folded her lips trying to fight back tears, "Um- I'm gonna go make the call, okay? And I'll meet you in the lobby."

    "Okay." He nodded and then let her go. She headed to the restroom and checked underneath all the stalls to make sure they were empty. Once that was done she pulled out her phone and dialed the number for what she could remember it as and waited for someone to pick up on the other end.

    "Hello?"

    "Hey, it's Nora."

a/n plz comment i would love to read your reactions to the story so far♥️