11) Conversations

a/n this chapter is a little bit longer like 8 pages and kind of angsty. TW: implied suicidal tendencies but nothing is described. also there are a lot of time jumps first one is the next day and every other one jumps a few hours ahead

"Hello Bakugou and Sugiyama." Principal Nezu smiled. "What an unexpected pair. Don't you think?"

"I guess so."

"Well, whether it was expected or not you're here now aren't we?"

"Yes."

"And we know why we're here."

"Yes."

"Good, but to remind you, you destroyed several different buildings in Ground Beta within the first fifteen minutes of your sparring."

"Wasn't it built for us to destroy?" Bakugou asked unironically, as he kept a straight face as Stasia tried hard not to laugh.

"No, no they weren't. Sugiyama, I am especially surprised with you, you should know of all people to be aware of your surroundings."

"I am!"

"Then care to explain what happened?"

"I'm out of practice with that quirk."

"While that is understandable, it is unacceptable for you to be doing hero work while not having control over your own quirk."

"Yes, but who has sixteen?"

"No reasonable person I know. But while this might be a learning curve you need to overcome it, if you want to keep your license. And you Bakugou, don't even have yours so you would think you would be treading lightly especially since you got into an unsupervised fight not too long ago."

"That's true-"

"It sure is. Now, let's discuss how you're gonna fix this, shall we? You'll be cleaning up the aftermath of your destruction for at least two hours every day until I am satisfied with the results."

"But we destroyed so much."

"That would be an issue for yourselves, not me. However, your quirks are very similar and very impressive, take this time to not only learn there are consequences to your actions but to learn more about each other, a friendship blossoming out of the rubble." The two exchanged a glance of skepticism before they looked back to the principal and forced a smile.

"Sounds great."

The next day the walk towards Ground Beta was silent and they kept a safe distance from the other. Neither of the two was paying attention to what was going on around them during the fight so they didn't know what to expect when going back to the scene.

"He said several buildings, not almost all of them on the north wing," Stasia said, finding it hard to close her mouth out of shock.

"What did you do?"

"What do you mean 'what did I do' this was both of us!"

"You're the freak with sixteen quirks this is you!"

"I only used one idiot. Did you not get your license because you can't count?"

"How did you even get yours when you have no control over your quirk."

"Little! I have little control over my quirk."

"You sound so dumb do you realize that?"

"Did you realize even with my lack of control I'm still better than you at using it?"

"What did you just say?"

"Yeah, maybe the destruction was all me you're too weak to blow up a building!"