Chapter Twenty: Home

Chapter Twenty

Home

I woke up, and Hoon wasn't already by my side. I looked around, and he wasn't inside the room either; he must be outside now doing something.

Since that day we've been sleeping together in my room.

I am so thankful we do. Those nights were my most comfortable sleep ever. His warmth became my lullaby, and his presence became my goodnight. I never experienced such perfect nights as those spent with him.

I also decided to get and prepare myself. I took a bath and changed into simple black sweatpants and white loose long sleeves; after drying my hair and fixing everything need to be fixed, I went out, and gentle yet cold winds welcomed me. My eyes wander for the man I wanted to see the most, but he's still out of sight.

I went straight into the living room, then smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen, unsure whether it was him or Anne. I checked it myself and saw the man I was looking for tasting the soup he was making.

A curl formed on my lips as I watched him seriously cooking, unaware of me. He tilted his head, figuring something out, perhaps the way it tasted.

He stirred it again, looking lost as he stared at the seasoning in front of him, enjoying the view. I leaned on the door, which I regretted an instant after it made a sound causing him to look at me. I chuckled softly and stood straight; he smiled as if nothing had happened and extended his hand to me, inviting me to his hold.

I let that hand wrap around my waist as he guided me closer to him, "Good morning," He greeted and kissed my forehead; how sweet this man is. I smiled and greeted him, "Good morning. Do you need help?" I asked softly, which he immediately nodded,

"You were long-standing there?" he inquired, I bobbed my head as an answer, and he just chuckled, a little embarrassed, "I'll taste it," I told him. I was about to get a spoon when he made me stay still and use what he did; he blew on it carefully before guiding it to my lips. I looked at him sweetly before tasting it; his eyes remained on me, examining my expression.

"I'm sorry, it was my first time cooking a sprout bean soup," He says with meek eyes, which seem to read my mind. It tasted bland, but I don't even know why he was apologizing for. I circled my arms around his waist and softly tapped his back, smiling.

"There's nothing to apologize for," I said softly, assuring him. I checked the seasoning in front of us, "Let's add some salt and pepper," I suggested to him.

He immediately did that without letting his grip on my waist slip, "Is that enough?" He asked after putting some. I nodded, "Let's wait for a while," I told him.

"What made you cook this?" I asked softly. He is a good cook and could cook something else he was confident in; it is my favorite soup, but I didn't want him to feel apologetic because of it when he doesn't have to.

"Because you said you like it," He replied, staring straight into my eyes, I froze for a moment, and as long as we stared at each other, the more warmth spread in my system. The familiar pit-a-pat of my heart felt like my stomach danced with it in so much fluttery.

"You remember," I murmured, trying to contain a smile behind my lips. I told him once but didn't expect he would remember it and when you tell someone about you, and they remember it, 'it always hits different.'

"I do, everything about you, I do," he replied as he planted a small kiss on my forehead. A smile escaped as my whole body blushed. I tiptoed to give him a peck on his cheeks which made his smile grow wider.

"I think it's ready." He said after a while, I voluntarily let him go. "I'll prepare the table," I said as he won't let me be in charge of hot things, afraid my clumsiness would hurt me.