Chapter Twelve: Time

Chapter Twelve

Time

I woke up late and went out of my room around ten in the morning. I was not feeling well, and the heaviness in my chest didn't vanish; instead just got heavier. I wonder if it would change if I didn't force myself to sleep.

Everyone looked at me when I opened the door. I smiled at them to assure them I was okay, "Have your breakfast, Jake. We didn't wake you up. We know you need a lot of rest." Heeseung hyung told me; I just smiled and thanked him.

I didn't have a heavy breakfast. I just went to the shared kitchen and made some chocolate drinks. The girls were out for their cruise tour, and the others didn't have any personal or individual tours to attend.

The drink maker beeps, so I pour it on my mug and sit at the front picnic table. Hoon is not around, which I'm very thankful for because I didn't know how to face him. My stomach twirled at that thoughts, but I shrugged them off forcefully.

"Hyung!" I looked at Riki, who called me; his lips were on a pout, and with his gentle eyes, he sat beside me and leaned his head on my back, which made me smile... I may not know him well. It was not long since we had known each other too, but I was not dense enough not to understand this was his way of giving me comfort.

I ruffled his hair and laughed softly, "Look at this little man right here!" I said, which Jay and Hee Hyung did, and laughed softly.

"He needs something for sure!" Jay teases him, and Hee Hyung motions, saying, "Go with your Jay Hyung. I'll borrow Jake today." which made me look at him.

"Why?" Before I could ask, the younger one already did. We both chuckled when his questioning eyes appeared, not liking the idea of 'borrow' that means 'he's not going with us to wherever we are about to go.'

"I'll bring Jake to see a movie today!" Heeseung hyung said; the younger scoffed off but still chuckled later, "You are guys going on a date?" He asked, teasing, but Hee Hyung just rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, Go with Jay and Hoon today!" He said firmly, reminding him; the child just nodded as he said, "I should have invited Sunoo before." in a mumble before going to his Jay hyung.

"I don't remember setting the date today?" I told Hee hyung, he played with his hair and didn't know what to say, and I just laughed softly, "Kidding! what time are we going to leave?' I asked as our eyes met.

"After lunch? Is that good for you?" he replied, raising his eyebrows, "Yup!' I said and smiled more.

"Right! If you have any other things today, we can move it, you know." he assured me, "It's okay, Hyung, I have nothing anyways." I said and sipped on my drinks; he just ruffled my hair and went back to organizing the freshly delivered woods for making fire.

He doesn't have to, but he insisted. We decided to do most of the work here at the homestay in our second week, especially on our free days.

I continued sipping at my drink and focused on mediating. I breathe in and breathe out as the cold hush of winds engulfed me, birds twitting as my morning music with the fresh earthy smell of field and other natures surrounding this place.

After not a long while, I finished my drink and stood up to bring my mug to the kitchen sink and wash it, "I almost forgot!" I heard Jay say. I unconsciously tried to find him even though I knew I wouldn't. It became a habit, I guess.

"I found this ointment awhile ago. Who owns this?" He asked. I rinse the mug after washing it with dish soap. I also went out after and saw him; he was holding the sunburn ointment. I was looking for it in my room after going back in yesterday night. It seems like I dropped it outside without realizing it.