Chapter Three: Next Time

Chapter Three

Next Time

"Hyung! It is really pretty here..." Jungwon exclaimed with evident amazement, his expression slowly calming down and turning serene as his excitement adapted to his body.

I looked around, enjoying the view in front of me. No other than the vast green fields, mountains, calm river of Hanjibang, some houses indeed weren't to find in Seoul.

I feel like in different country, it was surreal; I think that was the right word to describe the feeling, being in a place you didn't know existed. Of course, with these beautiful people around me, it was perfect.

I fondly stares at them with a small calm smile painted on their apperances; some decided to sit on large rocks as they watched the peaceful view that also did bring peace to them.

The relief and softened appearances of everyone didn't hide that.

We took our time to adore the place through our bare eyes. Before continuing our journey to the river cruise port, travel this round-wide river of Hanjibang, which will allow us to see the different beauties of this countryside.

"How long are we going to cruise the river of Hanjibang? We're going back late, right?" I heard Riki ask curiously. Ms. Lu. Became our official tour guide on every trip after we asked Ms. Ann, the owner of the homestay, the favor.

"Around five hours, We'll be stopping too, at Hanji City, for Riverside Restaurant. It's a famous riverside restaurant here and a landmark. We'll be staying there for an hour to have your afternoon snack, around five, so we would be surely back at night." Ms. Lu said, smiling.

"I'm so excited it's my first time to do a river cruise," Sunoo said excitedly with that famous pretty smile of his,

"You'll love it surely. We'll be seeing later, mountains, forestry, fields of Hanjibang, and architecture of this countryside, especially when we cruise the cities." Ms. Lu said with pride.

I looked at Hoon when he handed me water; I smiled at him and accepted it. I was actually getting thirsty; It wasn't hot but not exactly cold either.

I was about to let go of my camera when he got the bottle back and opened it for me, "Here." He said as he handed it back; I laughed a little and thanked him, smiling. He just nodded.

He also got the emptied bottle from me. So I could use my hand in taking pictures. I started too, not wasting more time recording the scenery into a photograph with my camera.

How everything was so balanced amazed me. We are in a higher place, in the middle of the sloped way down the city port, letting us see the wide river, surrounded by mountains and beautiful houses, of course, the tamed skies. There were also flowers around that made the place colorous with the mown fresh green grass of the ground.

I started walking around to get better pictures of the best angles I could take. And to take photos of everything and surrounding as it's worth of my shutter.

The tall and huge mountains overlapping look so glamorous, hues of greens blend with each other, and everything on my camera looks so brighter in colors. I zoomed in at the houses, highlighting their uniform infrastructure; the buildings aren't indeed based on Korean architecture. Maybe that explains why we all feel like in different places.

"It's beautiful," I couldn't help but whisper as a smile glimpse on my lips. I looked at the others busy taking their pictures with their cameras and phones debating within, whether to tell them or not and let them discover it themselves later on. I feel like the latter choice would be better idea, so I didn't.