Chapter Ten: Come

Chapter Ten

Come

The time flew past, and we're now preparing dinner. I just woke up not a long ago, and it's a wonder how I was on my bed.

I remember sleeping on the living room's couch. I went straight to help, feeling guilty, and learned Hoon carried me to my room when the girls arrived, afraid they'll disturb me from sleep.

I continued making the sauce I decided to do a while ago when I noticed there was nothing a while ago. The condiments are here, so I didn't really need to go inside the kitchen.

"Let me help you guys." We all looked at Karina as she walked toward us and went straight to where the cook barbeques were. She started cutting them into bite sizes, so it would be easier to share later,

"You guys cook it well," she said with a smile; after tasting it, she also fed Hee Hyung, who casually accepted it. They really get along well, maybe because they are the same age.

My attention got caught when I heard a voice says, "Can I have a taste?" Sullyoon asked Hoon, who just nodded and got her a small plate and cut a small portion of beef fresh from the grill to hand it to her, "Be careful it's hot." He told him and smiled subtly.

I found myself watching them, distracted from making the sauces. I felt pangs in my chest when I thought they looked good together. I didn't even know why I was thinking that so suddenly; I looked away when I realized Hoon was looking at me intently.

I didn't look at him, being bothered with additional reasons. I was nervous and somehow embarrassed about being caught by him. I was in disbelief, too, about how my heart managed to beat crazily when I was feeling all of that.

"Try it too," I almost jumped when I suddenly heard him beside me; our eyes met, and I saw how he halted blowing the hot meat out of puzzlement at my reaction.

His eyes stayed with me as he looked at me more as if he was trying to figure me out, but I guess I'll melt before he could do that.

I felt my cheek burn, so I diverted my attention away from him, I roamed my eyes around but I saw Sullyoon behind him, where he left her looking fallen crested as she looks at his back solemnly. I could tell she tried to talk to him, but nothing happened.

For some reason, the pangs on my chest were here again not sure for what reason or perhaps who?

"Ahh..." Hoon got my attention again, motioning the meat to me. I received it gladly before saying something, "You should talk to her." I told him softly when he sat beside me, waiting for the rest of the meat to be cooked so he could flip it.

I didn't even know what the pangs were all about, but something tells me I need to do something after seeing Sullyoon expression, what I said gave me more painful spasms in my chest, but that doesn't even matter to me right now.

Hoon looked at me with soft eyes as he said, "We did actually a while ago, but it didn't last long; I don't really know what to say her." He replied.

"We can talk about random things with them like we do," I told him as a matter of fact. I felt weird, but I brushed it off. I feel like I shouldn't be feeling this way.

He just nodded and didn't say anything even though he turned to stare at me seems like observing me.

"Jake! can you get more pepper in the kitchen?" Hee Hyung asked me. I looked at him and nodded, He was busy marinating more beef.

"Of course, just a second," I told him and stood up and walked to the kitchen.

I was busy finding one, but it seems like we don't have it now. I looked at Hoon, who had just entered the kitchen. He went straight to a cabinet and saw him pulling out some peppers, "I figured you don't know where the stocks are," He said and extended his hand to give the pepper to me.