Chapter Eighteen: Jealous

Chapter Eighteen.

Jealous

Heeseung hyung was a man of his words, and like he said, he brought Riki to where we had been, and Jay decided to tag along, leaving Hoon and me here at the homestay.

They promised to be back before late, to have their Despedida party with us, simply drinking again. They are leaving tomorrow.

I was, thinking about Hoon how to approach him. Just doing that already frustrating me. Still, I tried my best not to do anything that would annoy him because, for some reason, I've been feeling his ignoring me since I told him that day.

My heart clenched at the thought he was ignoring me. Still, I dealt with it like the past few days, slightly annoyed at myself for not getting used to being ignored by him when I did and not even care when else did.

I took a deep breath before walking to the kitchen where he was. He was cooking our lunch; he looked at me briefly with unfamiliar cold gazes, but he didn't say anything and went back to rinse the vegetables.

"What are you cooking?" I started a conversation. I was trying to meet his eyes. Still, he didn't look at me again, glancing, "Just a chicken stew." he simply replied, uninterested.

I beamed as I nodded, still looking at him, I wanted to try more, but he went out of the kitchen without saying anything. I bit my lips and didn't know what to do.

After asking something, I didn't insist on another conversation, when he didn't bother to answer me. I stared at him, praying he would look at me even once, but he didn't, so I decided to keep my distance from him.

I was reflecting these past few days. I was trying to find out why he treated me almost like a stranger. I don't understand, and I wish he could tell me, So I could at least apologize to him, change it, and try to make up with him.

I hate how I was overthinking and couldn't rest my mind for thoughts of him and what I had possibly done, but I was helpless but do so...

'Just let Him. He just needs time,' That's what Hee hyung told me that night before parting ways.

It sank into me more that I didn't really buy him time. He did. He knew I was thinking of someone else the whole time, and I hated the fact I was hurting him the entire time, no different from that night. But it hunted me more, I was thinking of another man as I did so. I didn't mean to, but it was still something so heartless and cruel to do.

I stayed in my room and decided to just go somewhere; staying here with him would drive me crazy. I couldn't do what he was doing to me, and I find it so unfair that he could do that after assuring me he'll always be by my side.

I started moving and changed into a white t-shirt, a black plaid bottom-up shirt, and black jeans. I paired it with a comfortable white sneaker. I grabbed my camera and hung it on my neck; after grabbing my wallet, I went out; he was sitting on the picnic table and stared at me. I smiled small didn't want to give him back the treatment,

"I'll go somewhere. I'll be back before it gets dark, don't worry," I told him, still smiling. He always offered to go with me at times like this, but it seemed like this time was different, and I felt so stupid for waiting for him to say 'he'll come with me.' I bit my lips when he just nodded as he walked again to the kitchen.

Tears built up, but I didn't let them fall and walked to one of the vans after talking to one driver, "Where do you want to go, Jake?" Sir Roger asked.

I laughed and didn't exactly know where. I don't have a plan for leaving the homestay till a while ago, "Can you bring me to a good place?" I asked. Roger looked at me, weighing my expression; he seemed to figure out, but didn't ask me anything, and just nodded.