𝟕𝟏. 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Trigger warnings: Mature content

***

October 7th, 2009

Athena was sitting on the bathroom floor, crying.

This was supposed to be a happy day for her, since it was her 30th birthday. And the news she had just gotten, would definitely make the day even better.

But still, she couldn't see it that way. The memory was still too vivid in her mind.

How would she tell him the truth? He would hate her, for sure. She should have told him, long ago. Draco had the right to know.

Yes, it wasn't her fault that it happened, but she should have told him.

She couldn't hide it from him any longer. If she didn't tell him now, she wouldn't be able to enjoy this day to the fullest.

She was grateful that Ginny took Scorpius to have a sleepover with Albus and James the night before. And thankfully, Draco was still at work.

She didn't know who else to call.

Narcissa? No, she couldn't. Because she didn't know either.

Maybe Ginny, Hermione or Felicity? No, they were busy with their own stuff. They had their own families to look after. They couldn't ran over to her house, whenever she wanted them to.

She tried to wipe her tears away, when she heard the front door closing.

Draco was back.

Athena immediately undressed and jumped into the shower. If he saw her face, he'd instantly know she was crying.

She turned the shower on and continued crying, this time in silence.

Her heart started racing when she heard his voice calling out for her.

"Athena? Baby, where are you?" he called out for her.

Athena gulped and closed her eyes tightly, deciding to pretend that she didn't hear him.

When she heard the door of the bathroom open, she bit her lip to keep her sobs back.

"Baby? Are you in here?" he asked, the worry evident in his voice.

"Y-yes baby, I'm taking a shower," she was quick to reply, lowly cursing herself for her stutter.

"Can I join?" he asked. Athena could picture him smirking.

"No," she bluntly replied, but of course, he ignored her. If she had her eyes open, she would definitely roll them at him.

She didn't open them though, not even when Draco's cold hands grabbed her hips, bringing her closer to his now naked body.

Her back was against his chest and she could feel his growing erection poking her waist. "I missed you, beautiful," he groaned in her ear, as he slowly started kissing her neck. "Happy birthday, love," he mumbled on her skin.

Athena immediately felt herself melting at his touch, especially when his fingertips slowly caressed her thighs and then creeped upon her wetness.