𝟓𝟑. 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒

Trigger warnings: mentions of death

***
October 7th, 2005

''How was work today, love?'' Astoria asked her husband, as they started eating the very nice meal she had prepared for him.

Draco smiled at her. ''Hectic, as usual...'' he chuckled with no emotion.

What was he supposed to tell her? That he couldn't get Athena out of his mind the whole day?

Or that he thought that a woman who saw today, for the first time in his life, made him feel like it was her?

Astoria would be hurt and she didn't deserve this. She only deserved his full attention and his unconditional love.

''Today is Athena's birthday...'' she said, out of the blue.

Draco almost chocked on his bite and looked at her with wide eyes. Even the mention of her name, made his heart hurt.

He took a sip from his wine and looked at her again. ''How do you even know about that?'' he asked her in a low voice.

Astoria half smiled at him. ''Honey, it's on the front pages of every newspaper. And Rita Skeeter is having a twenty four hour special for her on the ''Daily Prophet'' radio station...''

''A twenty four hour special? Fucking hell...'' Draco muttered. ''This bitch can't leave it alone. She has to put her nose in everybody's business!''

Draco was outraged; he hated when Athena was being used as way for the media to increase their ratings. It was making him sick.

Astoria's expression turned into a distressed one, when she saw him acting like that. ''I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up...'' she mumbled.

Draco's expression softened, as he took her hand in his. ''Don't worry baby, you haven't done anything wrong. Let's just forget about this... I'm not in the mood for this conversation.''

Astoria nodded and tried to smile at her husband. She started eating again, and they were both now in absolute silence.

''What were you up to today?'' he finally asked, wanting to change the subject.

''Oh, nothing special...'' she replied. ''I made our lunch and then I cleaned up our bedroom a bit...'' she added, blushing a little.

Draco smirked as he gently caressed her cheek. ''We will mess it up again today, anyway. You didn't have to put yourself into unnecessary trouble.''

Astoria blushed even more and playfully hit his arm. ''Stop it,'' she giggled.

He couldn't help but grin at her. This woman was so pure, so innocent.

Even though he would passionately make love to her almost every night, she was still blushing whenever he mentioned anything related to their sex life.

''But for real. I don't want you to tire yourself out. You have to be careful,'' he said, his expression turning into a worried one.

His warning instantly ruined Astoria's mood. She didn't want to be treated like she was a sick person. Which she was, but still, she hated being treated that way.