𝟑𝟒. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑

Trigger warnings: Mature content

***

The two friends were still in the dorm they were staying in Durmstrang, impatiently waiting for Draco to arrive with any news he might had.

"This is getting way too stressful," Athena mumbled, as she was pacing around the room.

"Relax, the poor owl is going to England, Athena. It will take a lot of time for it to go there and then come back," Felicity said, trying to make her calm down a little.

Athena sighed. "I know, but still..."

Suddenly the door opened, and a breathless Draco got in.

Athena quickly went over to him. "So?" she eagerly demanded to know. "What happened?"

"I sent an owl to her, but I'm afraid it will take at least until tomorrow for it to get there," he explained, as a strand of hair fell on his forehead. "In the letter I asked her to send the vials with Floo powder, so we would get them sooner. We just need the owl to get there first," he added.

''So we will have to wait until tomorrow?' Athena asked, a little disappointed.

Draco nodded, while running his right hand through his hair, fixing them. ''I'm afraid so.''

''I am so fucking stupid...'' she whispered.

''Hey, hey,'' he softly said, taking her face in his hands. ''Everything will be alright. I am here, okay?'' Draco reassured her, giving her his sweetest smile.

Athena nodded and got into his arms, hugging his toned body with her small ones.

Draco hugged her back, while placing a small kiss on her head. ''Do you want to take a walk?''

''Yes, please,'' she mumbled on his chest.

''Okay, put that fucking bear coat on, and let's go,'' he chuckled.

Athena pulled away from him, and did as he asked her to do. They said goodbye to Felicity, and left together, hand in hand.

The whole walk out in the snowy grounds was silent. Athena's mood was ruined, and for some reason, she felt guilty.

Draco didn't know what else to say to her. This was a very stressful situation for him as well.

''So the Christmas Ball is tomorrow...'' Athena hesitantly started talking. ''And I wanted to ask you if we will go together...'' she added, biting her lip.

He gave her a funny look. ''Of course we are going together!'' he exclaimed. ''Were you planning to go with someone else?'' he asked her.

Athena could hear the jealousy in his tone. ''No, I was just making sure.''

''Alright...'' he said in a more toned down voice.

''I couldn't find a date anyway. Every boy I asked, would turn me down in a heartbeat. And no one - and I mean it, not a single soul - asked me to be theirs...''

Draco gulped hard, not looking at her. Because he already knew that. ''They are just fucking blind I guess...'' he mused.

Athena looked at him suspiciously. ''You don't happen to know anything about that. Right?'' she asked with a raised eyebrow.

Draco was still not looking at her, as he was trying to find the words to say. He knew Athena wasn't stupid. He couldn't just lie to her.

She stopped walking and took her hand away from his. ''Look at me,'' she demanded.