𝟒𝟏. 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

Trigger warnings: mention of sleeping pills

***

Draco woke up in the middle of the night, all sweaty. He looked at the window on the ceiling again. It was night and the clouds were gone. The moon was glowing.

His mind insantly flew back to Athena. What he wanted the most right now, was to be at the Astronomy Tower with her in between his arms, as he showed her his favorite stars on the night sky.

Draco wanted to talk to her, even for a little while. He wanted to confess everything he was feeling for her, even though he knew that words could never be enough.

He was craving her. He had missed their kisses, her hot body on his, her hands in his hair and him kissing every inch of her pale flesh.

Then, the sound of her voice. He would go through hell and back, if he could hear her saying ''I love you'' for once more.

What was killing him the most, was that he didn't know how long he'd be here. He would do everything, to get out of this place as soon as possible.

His father was nowhere to be found. Not that Draco was worried, but this question was eating him up. What if he had just left him here and he went back home?

What if he had to stay here forever, killing people until his turn comes to die?

''Fucking hell,'' he mumbled, as he glided his right hand through his hair.

He had to be patient for some days. And then, maybe they'd finally let him go. But of course, this would only happen if he kept on killing and torturing innocent people.

Was that the price he had to pay to be with her? Could he keep doing this?

Draco didn't have the answer to that. He felt hopeless, because he had no way out. No exit.

All he had to do, was keep on being a pawn to Voldemort's games.

He got out of his bed and went to the bathroom, to wash the sweat off of his face. He turned the faucet on, and splashed two handfulls of cold water on his face.

He didn't want to look at himself in the mirror in front him; he felt disgusted for his actions.

But he wanted to torture himself. He had to do it somehow. And that was the most direct way to do it.

He deserved it anyway.

His blue eyes slowly raised up and looked at his reflection. Who was he, really?

For one thing he was absolutely sure; he was misunderstood. Yes, he had done terrible things. But he never did them with a light heart.

Secondly, he had recently become a monster. He had killed someone. An actual human being.

Draco didn't know how he found the strength to do it. But something inside him, forced him to raise his wand at Zeus McCallen.

The words flew out of his mouth, without his brain instructing him to do it. It was like he was hypnotized. Like someone had possesed him.

But maybe this was just his coping mechanism, that was trying to keep him from going insane. Yes, that was the only logical explanation. He wanted to do it, he just couldn't comprehend it.

He looked at his reflection on the mirror once again. But he didn't see Draco Malfoy; he saw Lucius Malfoy.

That was the time that Draco realized, that he had become the monster he was so desperately trying to avoid.