𝟓𝟓. 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄

Trigger warnings: none
***

One week later:

"Minister, you have to fire doctor Michaels," Tiffany, the female prison guard suggested. "When that bitch gets well, she might tell him who she really is. And doctor Michaels is already snooping around."

The Minister was pacing around in his office, listening carefully to what the guard was saying, while trying to find a way out of this.

"You're probably right..." he sighed, now looking at her. "But the thing is, I can't just fire him, out of the blue... There has to be a serious reason!"

''I don't know, sir. But I've seen how he cares for her; it could be dangerous!'' she insisted.

''Yes, that's true... I guess I will have him transferred somewhere else... Thank you, Tiffany, you may go now,'' he dismissed her.

Tiffany nodded in a respectful manner and left the office, while smiling in satisfaction.

She didn't know why, but she didn't like Athena, from the very first moment she saw her. She had an attitude that she didn't appreciate, at all.

So she was trying to make sure her time in here, would be a living hell.

***

Athena was slowly getting better, but she was still weak. Doctor Michaels would visit her every day, but he couldn't ask her the things he wanted. Tiffany was always there when he came to see her, literally breathing on his neck.

''Doctor Michaels?'' he heard his secretary call out for him.

He raised his head from the papers he was reading. ''Yes, Ivana?''

''The Minister asked to see you,'' she politely smiled at him. ''He says it's important.''

The doctor blinked, somehow confused. ''Uhm, sure. Please, inform him that I'm heading over there, right now.''

''Of course, doctor,'' Ivana replied and went back to her office.

The doctor got up from his seat and with quick steps, he went to the Minister's office. He wondered why he demanded to see him.

Could it be about the unknown girl he was treating?

When he finally got there, Delilah informed Minister Hamilton that the doctor was here and then she let him in.

''Good morning, Minister. Is everything alright?'' doctor Michaels asked, still standing outside the door.

''Please, doctor, take a seat,'' the Minister said, showing him the seat at the other side of his desk. He was trying really hard to keep a straight facade.

The doctor obeyed and took seat, while fixing his white rob. ''I'm all ears, sir.''

***

Athena woke up from a deep slumber, expecting to see the kind doctor that was coming to treat her every day.

But today, he wasn't here. Another man, unknown to her, had come to her cell.