𝟔𝟎. 𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒

Trigger warnings: none

***

Draco and Astoria woke up to the sound of their son crying.

''Oh my god...'' Astoria sighed. ''I don't have the strength to get up right now...'' she complained.

Draco chuckled, and gave her a soft kiss on her forehead. ''Stay here baby, I've got this.''

Her lips arched in a small smile. ''Thank you, love. You're the best."

He got up from his bed and slipped on a fresh pair of boxers and a new pair of pajamas, before going to his son's room.

''Hey, hey baby, don't cry...'' he cooed as he took his small body into his arms. ''Daddy is here...''

Little Scorpius looked at him, when he heard his voice. He stopped crying for some seconds, but then he started crying again.

''What is it, baby boy?'' he asked worried. ''Let's change your diaper, shall we?''

Draco changed his diaper and dressed him up again, but he still wouldn't stop. Maybe he was hungry?

He took him back to their bedroom, holding him close against his chest. ''I'm sorry honey, but I think he's hungry.''

Astoria slowly raised up from the bed and rested her back against the headboard. ''I don't think so, it's too soon. He isn't supossed to eat for another two hours,'' she said, a little bit worried.

''Let's give it a try,'' he suggested.

She nodded in agreement and Draco gently placed him into her arms. Astoria tried to feed him, but the little boy didn't want to eat either.

''Should I be worried?'' she asked, now panicking. ''Do you think he might be sick or something?''

''I don't know,'' Draco mumbled, also worried.

He felt helpless; he had absolutely no idea about babies, so he didn't know what to do or how to react to situations like these.

Astoria slowly got up from the bed and started rocking him in between her arms, while pacing around the room.

But that didn't help either.

''Draco, he's not stopping,'' she almost cried in desperation. ''What are we going to do?''

He tried to think for a minute, until an idea popped up in his head. ''Give him to me,'' he said as he extended his hands over to her.

Astoria placed the crying blond baby back into her husband's arms. ''Follow me,'' he said to her, while also placing a soft kiss on Scorpius's hair.

She followed him down the stairs, feeling confused and worried.

But when she saw what Draco was about to do, she couldn't help but smile.

Draco sat down on the piano stool and while holding his son tightly against his chest with his left hand, he started playing a sweet melody on the piano.

Scorpius didn't stop crying right away, but as the melody went on, he started calming down, looking at his father with wide, brown eyes.