𝟐𝟐. 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐍

Trigger warnings: Emotional pain, mentions of death and mentions of torture

***

Athena was finally back at her dorm, wearing one of Draco's black t-shirts. She was late for breakfast, but she didn't care at all.

And she didn't know how to face Harry today. Not because she was ashamed for helping Draco, but because she felt let down by her friend. She would never expect him to act so brutally against another human being.

Yes, Draco and her might have hexed Katie, but that was not a reason for Harry to attack Draco with such a violent spell.

She took a quick shower, got back to her room and got dressed for the day. She then went to the Great Hall, and quickly found the rest of them.

Draco was at the Slytherin table with his friends, and all of them looked at her when she entered the Great Hall. She instantly felt herself blushing, so she looked the other way.

Draco definitely had told them about what happened last night; or maybe Andrew did. Because judging by Draco's face expression, he seemed outraged.

Athena went over to her friends' table, feeling her heart beating violently, like it was ready to leap out of her chest; she didn't know what to say to them.

''Good morning, guys...'' she lowly said, and they all turned around to face her.

Harry looked at her for a brief moment, but then turned his back at her again.

''Athena, I think you should sit somewhere else today...'' Hermione said to her.

Athena looked at her, not knowing what to say. She gulped hard before talking. ''Guys, I just want to talk with you. Please,'' she begged.

Hermione looked at Harry, unsure. He turned around again. ''Sit next to me,'' he hoarsely said, and moved over for her to sit.

Athena sat down, her heart rate skyrocketing. ''I don't want to fight with you guys, but I don't believe that I did anything wrong yesterday... Draco was literally dying...'' she started.

They all looked at her. ''It's not about what happened yesterday! You helped Malfoy hex that poor girl Katie, Athena. I believe you did something, not just wrong, but cruel! How could you? I thought you were a nice person!'' Hermione was trying too hard not to yell at her.

''Yes, but Harry —'' she started saying, but she was cut off.

''Harry was only protecting himself from Malfoy! He raised his wand at him first! He attempted to Crucio him!'' she exclaimed, but still keeping her voice down. She didn't want them to become a spectacle in front of the other students.

Athena's breath hitched. She didn't know about that detail. ''Is that true, Harry?'' she asked him, her voice soft.

He nodded. ''Yes, it is. But this doesn't justify my own actions. I feel awful, but I had no other choice. I hope you understand that...''

Athena couldn't blame him. Yes, what Harry did was cruel, but they were both fighting against each other. And Draco started it first; of course Harry had to defend himself somehow.