𝟐𝟑. 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋

Trigger warnings: Mature content
***

"No! Let him go!" she screamed and woke up, her whole body covered in sweat.

"Fuck. What happened? Are you alright?" she heard his raspy voice ask her in the dark.

Athena was shaking, with the freshness of the nightmare still paining her body. Her quick pulse was making her temples throb.

She took the covers off of her, and went straight to the bathroom. Her chest was aching due to the wild beating of her heart.

When she looked at herself in the mirror, she saw that her eyes were red, and dried tears were staining her cheeks.

After turning the faucet on, she washed her face and then she put her left forearm under the running cold water. The Dark Mark was burning her skin, as well as the locket around her neck.

She took it off, leaving it near the sink, and put her hand under the water again.

Draco appeared at the bathroom several seconds later, with his blond hair still a beautiful mess from his sleep.

"What happened, Athena?" he asked her again.

She couldn't speak, because she was holding a violent sob to the back of her throat.

Draco growled, frustrated with her silence. "For fuck's sake, Athena!" he lashed out, making her jolt in surprise. "I am fucking talking to you!"

When he saw her tears through the mirror, his face fell. "Fuck, I am sorry..." he whispered and went behind her, hugging her small body. "I am sorry darling, please, just talk to me..."

She turned the water off and then turned around, hugging him tightly, pressing her head against his bare chest. The sound of his heart, was all that she needed to hear.

They stood there in silence, as he was holding her tight, pressing his lips on her forehead now and then.

"Do you want to take a shower?" he mumbled against her hair.

Athena nodded.

"Okay," he softly said and let her go.

He turned the shower on, checking if there was any hot water left.

"Come on," he softly called her, offering his hand to her.

He helped her take off the black T-shirt he had lent to her, and then he took off his boxers, staying completely naked. Athena took her own underwear off as well, and they entered the shower together.

He hugged her again, while they both stood in silence under the warm water, which was falling softly over their heads and onto their bodies.

"Look at me," he whispered, needing to see those eyes of hers.

Athena raised up her head, looking into his blue ones. They were filled with worry.

"You are safe here," he promised.

She nodded and placed her head on his chest again, inhaling that beautiful scent of his skin.